PDA

View Full Version here: : Cradle Mountain

GrahamL
21-03-2018, 12:35 PM
Late afternoon ,, I'm trying to use my camera in non lazy mode for a change and definately struggle a bit ;)

pen7/panasonic 20mm 1.7 3.2 s f 16 street lens but all rounder for me very compact... to much light about i think ?

JA
21-03-2018, 04:36 PM
Lovely scene Graham :thumbsup:, but yes I agree: too much light. You need a trusty neutral density filter or polariser to drop a few stops or come back even later in the afternoon or dusk.

Best
JA

leon
21-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Wow that would be so good with a bit less brightness, beautiful shot indeed.

Leon

Stonius
21-03-2018, 05:45 PM
It's a lovely scene, and I like the long exposure to turn the water in to fairy floss :-)

It is about a stop too bright, but the main thing is that there is too much dynamic range for the sensor. Bright sunlight is hard for most sensors. If you were to bracket three exposures, say 2-3 stops apart, you could try stacking them for a high dynamic range shot.

That, or wait for a cloudy day :-)

Best,

Markus

GrahamL
21-03-2018, 05:52 PM
Yes this was a hard gig,There was a lot of light across the top of the falls
I'm not savy enough to know what to do , come back later was probably the best option , I did much later and found a wombat walking up the track never seen one before , cool place :)

Wavytone
22-03-2018, 02:22 PM
What makes it harder is the water is like tea, stained by the bracken fern upstream, making the pool inky black no matter how hard you try.

Ive done the walks round Dove Lake and the walk up Cradle Mountain to the top, but didn't find falls like that - was this the waterfall on the track out of Peppers resort ?

GrahamL
23-03-2018, 04:04 PM
yes its across the road not really any parking so its easy to miss the sign
drops into a small treed valley the gound is completely covered in green lichen .

speach
24-03-2018, 10:26 AM
I think a little bit of work in PI may fix the problem of too much light.