PDA

View Full Version here: : M42 attempt

xelasnave
24-02-2018, 09:40 PM
The data was captured in Sydney because I am getting no action here.
I forgot that I had it ...in fact I cant remember much about it at all.

Would have 30 second shots at 1600 I think and I cant remeber how many but given I have less than an hour down there and this and that its probably only about 30 minutes worth... maybe had darks I just dont recall.

make a note..take notes and develop some sort of sytem to manage this stuff. It is amazing how the captures pile up and all of a sudden you forget what has gone on...well at least for me.

Thru the little 80 mm and cropped about 50% cause of problems around the edge..the center is blown out I know.

No excuses it is what it is.

It has been rainig non stop here so I tried it in Pixinsite but as its a trial I dont think I can present that version and this one was done in gimp very basic processing by someone who does not have a clue...so if a mug like me can produce something I hope that offers encouragement to other beginers.

The pixisite was similar but that is because I am in the very early stages of working out that program.

It is what it is.

Alex

xelasnave
24-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Mmmm its a lot worse than it looked before.
maybe another go.
Little else to do.
Alex

xelasnave
24-02-2018, 10:00 PM
Here is the original. The edge stars dont look too bad I must have confused this image with something else.

But its uncropped here ... mainly interested to see what it looks like uploaded.

alex

PKay
25-02-2018, 01:35 PM
It's definitely Orion.

And it well get better as processing skills improve.

Long as your having fun Alex :)

xelasnave
25-02-2018, 01:38 PM
I feel like a monkey using a typewriter and having just as much fun as I expect does the monkey banging hopelessly the on the keys.
Alex

xelasnave
25-02-2018, 01:50 PM
I can crop :)
Alex

xelasnave
25-02-2018, 04:55 PM
Something else I found ..6400 iso and no darks in Sydney and I cant remember how many 10 second captures heavily cropped. Still playing in gimp and I have surprised myself what you can drag out. The thing from DSS just had a small blob of white in the center but sitting here trying this and that I managed to get something out of it...but it surprised me the high iso and short exposure time...
alex