PDA

View Full Version here: : Dairy grade stainless...

LewisM
14-02-2018, 10:45 PM
...with parts from a Maserati and a Rolls-Royce Trent. :lol::rofl::P

Made a trade deal today with Kunama for his beefed up NEQ6 tripod, since I unfortunately missed out on Steffen's Berlebach Planet. (I had placed an order for one from T-E, but cancelled that yesterday before they shipped)

To say Matt does incredible work with sublime attention to detail is an under-statement. He replaced the so-so-quality stainless legs from the SW NEQ6 tripod with REALLY high grade and substantially thicker (and longer) stainless tubes (I doubt those legs would rust if I imaged from the beach!), and then also made a proper tensioner-spreader. The result is an exceptionally sturdy tripod, which dampens vibrations easily as quick as the Berlebach (just a dull thud). It weighs as much as a Berlebach Planet too.

I am going to put a Vixen GPD or SXP on top (likely the SXP), and ordered the NEQ6-GP adapter today from Teleskop Express (then use the Vixen 45-60 expander ring on the mount head spigot).

As you can see, the height even without extending the legs is quite higher than the Vixen HAL130 tripod! For imaging rigidity, I will leave the legs un-extended.

Was bummed I missed the Berlebach, but this one really makes up for it!

Just ignore all the junk and detritus in my Junque/Hobby Room :P

(yes, Matt did an expose/tutorial here a while ago, but I had to show it off :) )

baileys2611
15-02-2018, 06:06 PM
It's a vintage Dimplex oil heater? I remember those from a long time ago...

croweater
15-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Love Matt's work. Looking forward to his new reflector build. :thumbsup:

LewisM
15-02-2018, 06:46 PM
Yup :)