PDA

View Full Version here: : [SOLD] Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro mount and Berlebach tripod

Steffen
08-02-2018, 01:55 PM
For sale is my Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro GoTo mount, without Skywatcher tripod, as below:

Skywatcher HEQ5Pro mount, SynScan v3 hand controller and cable
No Skywatcher tripod
Two 5kg counter-weights
Original serial cable and 3rd-party power supply for hand controller firmware updates
Original SkyWatcher power cable (cigarette lighter plug)
Rowan Engineering Belt Modification
Bunnings CraftRight hardcase

Notes:
The mount has been tuned and greased by me to be as tight and vibration free as possible, without putting strain on the motors. The Rowan Engineering belt mod kit was fitted by me. It is an excellent upgrade, reducing backlash and noise, but I will supply the original gears.

I've attached Velcro (fluffy side) to the motor housing, for sticking on accessories like dew controllers etc. See picture.

The hand controller also has Velco (hook side) on its back, for sticking it to the tripod.

The pluck foam in the hardcase is a bit torn up and worn down, but still does the job well.

I'm asking $550 and would prefer local pickup, or meet-up in the Sydney area. Offers welcome. Sold.

Since the mount does not come with the Skywatcher tripod it either suits pier mounting, or people who have a matching tripod, or people who also buy:

Also for sale is a Berlebach Planet ash wood tripod, as below:

Berlebach Planet tripod, regular height, in natural ash finish
HEQ5 top plate
Double leg clamps for increased bearing capacity and stability
Spreader and accessory tray
Spike feet

Notes:
The tripod was custom ordered from Berlebach in Germany with a wider 30 degree leg spread, for better mechanical stability. This means that the accessory tray must be inserted between the legs before the legs are fully spread.

Although there are some slight scuff marks around the top from field use (see pictures) the tripod is in perfect working order and excellent cosmetic condition.

I've attached Velcro (fluffy side) to the sides of the accessory tray, for sticking on the hand controller and other accessories.

This baby cost me $1,100 landed, I'll part with it for $750. Sold.

This tripod is an huge upgrade over the original flimsy SkyWatcher legs. Combined with the HEQ5 Pro mount it gives very good stability and dampening times for high-mag observation (which is what I mostly did).

h0ughy
08-02-2018, 02:55 PM
Pm sent re Mount

LewisM
08-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Second pm re berlebach tripod

Steffen
23-02-2018, 12:31 PM
Update: the Berlebach Planet is back for sale. I will ship it via Pack&Send at cost.

floyd_2
23-02-2018, 07:26 PM
PM sent re tripod

Steffen
24-02-2018, 04:45 PM
The tripod has been sold now as well. Thanks everybody who had inquired for your interest!