PDA

View Full Version here: : New Game...shares.

xelasnave
06-02-2018, 06:57 PM
OK each person if you want to but may be not if you own shares in the stock you suggest for the game maybe maybe not...we have to be careful of influencing the market.

But heres the deal what shares would buy what off beat or solid shares.
Say $10,000 worth to make working out numbers ...but you make your selection and we meet in five years and compare our mythical fortunes.
Alex:Döï

casstony
06-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Wait until such time as the market is in a solid down trend, buy a levered short fund; eventually sell that and buy a blue chip stock with strong dividends (eg. a bank assuming they survive the fall). Don't bank on my advice though :)

glend
06-02-2018, 07:12 PM
Bad day to be considering share investments, let's see where the bottom is first.

xelasnave
06-02-2018, 07:12 PM
No what I had in mind is a specific stock maybe something crazy but a company...or a specific enterprise I guess.
Coffin supplies maybe.
Theres more people dying than ever and all you risk is competitors in the market and sutely the Government must not be to hard with fees.
Alex

mynameiscd
06-02-2018, 07:35 PM
Its like people who had shares in Ansell as Aids first hit and condom sales went through the roof..

My brother is mixed up with multiple cyrpto currencies.
Even when bitcoin went down he still made money off some other invisible money?
Dont ask me how it works but hes making serious money on a weekly basis.
But as history shows serious gains = serious loss.
It just depends when you get in or out, a bit like pyramid schemes.
1 person wins = 16 people lose

el_draco
06-02-2018, 08:14 PM
I'd be buying a newish "biotech" if I had to sit on a single purchase for a decade. I'd be doing some serious research into the company first and what line of work they were pursuing. Some of those companies are going to be spectacular I reckon. I had the same thought about the time "Cochlear" listed..., but didn't buy :rolleyes:

I guess it's because its still gambling, high stakes. In fact I ditched my entire portfolio about a month before the GFC... :eyepop: A month later and it would have been epic.:sadeyes: Haven't forgotten that feeling, so stopped playing.

inertia8
06-02-2018, 08:20 PM
Guess I'd chuck it in vanguard total us market index fund and call it a day. Nice and lazy. 5Yrs a bit too short perhaps.

skysurfer
06-02-2018, 08:38 PM
This game has losers now ....

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=XBT&To=AUD

mynameiscd
06-02-2018, 08:45 PM
Can you buy shares in clean air, clean water, and dark skies?
Put me down for $10,000

xelasnave
07-02-2018, 01:12 AM
Holidays in Space.
Alex

AndrewJ
07-02-2018, 07:54 AM
The Chinese ( and others ) have been doing it for a few years now.
The stock is based on businesses that own Australian farms.

Andrew

baileys2611
07-02-2018, 11:56 AM
I don't have the cash, but would consider these (https://redflow.com/investors/asx-announcements/)guys or these (https://www.quintessencelabs.com/) guys.

Futures in battery technology and quantum encryption are probably a pretty good bet.

julianh72
07-02-2018, 12:15 PM
After this morning's successful SpaceX Heavy launch, I was tempted to nominate SpaceX shares, but apparently, they're not publicly traded. (You can get a slice of the SpaceX action by buying Alphabet shares - the Google parent company - as they own 7.5% of SpaceX.)

As second choice, I'll go for AU$10,000 of Tesla shares - at US$335.90 per share (AU$425.33) at today's closing price, that gives me 23.5 theoretical Tesla shares.

I wonder how long it'll take me to become a theoretical millionaire?

doppler
07-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Not sure how Tesla is going to fair, the Chinese are coming and in a big way.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-02-01/the-breakneck-rise-of-china-s-colossus-of-electric-car-batteries

AndyG
07-02-2018, 09:53 PM
Need to find a solid company that handles Graphene from bottom to top (Mine, R&D, finally product manufacture).

That's my submission. Seeya in 5 theoretical years :p