PDA

View Full Version here: : Eta Carina Under Supermoon

Atmos
05-02-2018, 07:24 PM
For the Super Blue Blood Moon I decided to go to Heathcote to escape the mosquitoes that plague my Melbourne residence, escape the expansive tree-line and go to where it was forecasted to have pristine clear skies. In the end the first two points came true, no mosquitoes at my rural property and no trees in the way. It was however reasonably clouded out until 2am so I was relegated to watching it with binoculars and not photographing it for the most part.

At 3:30 am I decided I may as well photograph something so I figured I'd go to a big bright object in an attempt to counter the big bright moon behind me. Bring on NGC 3372.

What has resulted is a dithered non calibrated image with basic stretching and saturation applied. Processing time... Less than 5 minutes :P

Full Res link (https://www.astrobin.com/full/332125/0/)

LewisM
05-02-2018, 07:40 PM
Nothing wrong with quickies - I am the king of low integration time :P

bigjoe
05-02-2018, 07:41 PM
Nice work Col..

These are the sort of images I prefer to see no ridiculous over use of deconvolution and bright unnatural colours etc ..someones image back I had to watch with my sunglasses on.

bigjoe

Atmos
05-02-2018, 10:46 PM
Low integration time makes for fun processing ;)

I’ve certainly been known to do the over deconvolution and heavily saturated images :lol:

RickS
06-02-2018, 07:59 AM
Angry pink robot lying down? :lol: Nice work for a quickie, Colin :thumbsup:

LewisM
06-02-2018, 11:44 AM
I'll exponentially agree with that.

I understand narrow band imaging, I just don't like it. It's not natural in the way that it is not what our eyes see. That is why I prefer RGB ALWAYS over an NB image, no matter how well that NB may have been done. Yeah, I stirred the pot considering how many NB images there are here :scared:

Green and gold may be Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI, but it has no place in space...

willik
06-02-2018, 12:17 PM
Nice image Colin just needed a bit more grunt
Martin

atalas
06-02-2018, 07:50 PM
Beautiful!well done Col.

Atmos
06-02-2018, 08:49 PM
I’ve never quite seen the angry robot in it! Gotta love a quickie though ;)

If I added in some Ha it would make the red punchier! That’s the fun of OSC, you cannot go non-natural.

Grunt takes more time to process :lol:

Thanks Louie :)

LewisM
06-02-2018, 10:06 PM
Ok, add some H-a...I'll let you :lol:

Ryderscope
07-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Good one Colin. Nicely resolved stars with good colour. Detail in nebula has come out well particularly considering it was a quick one. Definitely worth waiting up for I think.