PDA

View Full Version here: : IC2177 Seagull Nebula NB

barx1963
04-02-2018, 02:22 PM
Here is the colour version of the mono image that I posted yesterday. It is a mosaic of 4 panels, each panel consists of 5 images of 5 minutes in narrowband. Overall pretty pleased with the result. The object is IC 2177 aka the Seagull Nebula which is on the border of Canis Major and Monoceros. Data collected over a couple of nights and a few hours yesterday and today putting it all together. Processing in Pixinsight with final blending of the Hubble Pallette colour with the Ha acting as Lum layer in Photoshop

Technical Details are:
Scope: Stellarvue SVR102T-IS
Camera: Atik One 6.0
Filters: Astronomik 6nm Ha, OIII and SII
Mount: Orion AZEQ-G
Guiding: Orion SSAG pro and ST80 with PHD

willik
04-02-2018, 04:43 PM
I like it I like it a lot looks good Malcolm
Martin

Camelopardalis
04-02-2018, 06:44 PM
Looks more like a Phoenix than a Seagull, nice work :thumbsup:

Andy01
04-02-2018, 08:04 PM
Looking really nice Malcolm!
Great detail & lovely colours - I'm slowly working
on a 7 panel widefield mosaic of the same subject, will finish it one day- and yours is looking great!

barx1963
04-02-2018, 10:11 PM
Thanks mate. I am fairly happy with this apart from the framing. Have to learn the confidence to play with rotating the focuser to get a nicer look to these sorts of objects, it is pretty much hit and miss at this stage. Having said that, this framing sorta emphasises the seagulls "head" a bit more with the result that the missus took one look and said it reminded her of a dogs head. I then said it reminded me of Muttley from the "Wacky Races" cartoons when I was a kid. So now it is the "Muttley Nebula"!!

Placidus
04-02-2018, 10:17 PM
Excellent. The seagull (or is it really a Sulphur Crested Cockatoo?) seems to be wearing a yellow plastic rain-hat. Either that, or there are some really good shock fronts on the top of its head.

There's also what might perhaps be a bow shock strong in OIII above the bright star about 60% of the way toward 5 o'clock.

Lovely colour balance.

Would love to see a higher resolution version one day.

Best,
Mike

RickS
05-02-2018, 08:40 AM
Nice one, Malcolm. Definitely worth working on your framing. That can be the difference between a good image and a great one.

Cheers,
Rick.

Atmos
05-02-2018, 09:28 AM
Excellent image Malcolm!
I agree with M&T, you’ve captured what looks like a nice bowshock :)

multiweb
08-02-2018, 07:55 AM
+1 Well done Malcolm. Beaute field. :thumbsup:

frenchbluehour
08-02-2018, 05:22 PM
Lovely... :)