PDA

View Full Version here: : Yep, another one!

Mickoid
02-02-2018, 01:40 AM
I guess everyone's getting pretty sick of looking at these but a few more won't hurt! These were taken with a Tamron 500mm mirror lens on a modded Canon 550d and UV/IR cut filter using a Nano Tracker. The long skinny one is to show how close M44 was to the eclipsed moon.

h0ughy
02-02-2018, 06:14 AM
They are fantastic, I especially love the beehive shot and congratulations on being in a clear hole

Mickoid
02-02-2018, 07:41 AM
Thanks David and congratulations in viewing yet another series of memories of this magical night. I have witnessed many Total Lunar eclipses but this last one would have to be the best I have seen, the night from where I photographed it was clear and calm, not often the case when events like this occur.

RB
02-02-2018, 08:34 AM
Very nice Michael.
Cograts on getting to see it.

RB
:thumbsup:

PKay
02-02-2018, 08:51 AM
Great stuff Michael!

Well done.

Anth10
05-02-2018, 11:20 AM
That mirror lens is a beauty Mick.
Nice shot, like the panoramic too.

xelasnave
05-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Wonderful.
The more the better.
It is my hope that this sort of thread and indeed the object of the month approach encourages folk to post their efforts.
So to those who feel shy I would say dont...we all start somewhere and your posts can only serve to encourage others to have a go.
It is easy to look at some of the efforts in the deep sky section and think oned work is unworthy but sharing here is fun.
And remember I hold the worst effort that no one can slip below when I posted a screen shot of the horse head nebula because I could not work out how to down size an image.
Alex