PDA

View Full Version here: : One of many

75BC
01-02-2018, 09:13 PM
I'm sure there will be many eclipse pics posted here and elsewhere but this is my attempt.
I'm new to photography with a dslr so this proved a good learning experience for me.
A single frame, 1/2 sec. f/5.6 220 mm.

bigjoe
01-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Sharings good for all of us.

Dont be in the dark any longer Brendon..show us more of what you can do.
bigjoe.

75BC
01-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement bigjoe.

I know planetary photography is usually done by taking video but last night got me wondering about if any of the planetary stacking programs allows stacking of stills (even JPEG)???
I had a bit of a look today online but couldn't really work out if they do or not.

I'll never be a serious AP'er but I' am interested in all types of photography and one of my main astronomy interests is planetary so finding out how to put up a half decent image would be great.

xelasnave
01-02-2018, 10:56 PM
Great effort and I also would encourage you to post.
We do our best and if you do that you can be proud.
At time will come where it is you who will have the job to encourage those who come after.
Our job should be to help and offering encouragement is such a decent thing to do.
And even in day to day life never let the opportunity to give kindness awaybe lost.
All need encouragement and recognition so next time at a counter or in front of the check out girl be kind a d offer niceness... It is the one thing we all can do to improve the world.. Not by much bjt at least by a little.
Alex

PKay
02-02-2018, 07:48 AM
I use Registax 6 and that works with single images.
You can also look at AutoStakkertbut that is a bit harder to use.

75BC
02-02-2018, 11:05 AM
Thanks Alex.
Considering I’m an absolute novice at any type of photography I was actually quite pleased with this effort. As I said I learnt a lot about using the different settings on my camera.
I stumbled across this forum when researching a replacement to my 10” Dob (CPC 11). Although I’m really just a visual observer and a lot of the discussion here is about photography I joined because people here such as yourself seems so friendly and helpful.
I don’t post often but I’m a regular visitor and your posts Alex are some of my favorite as I think we share a dry and often quirky sense of humour. :rofl:

Thanks Peter. :thumbsup:
I’ll download Registax 6 if that’s a bit easier to use. I’m really challenged sometimes with technology so the easier the better in my case.
Even my visual observing is infrequent due to many things but I’m now encouraged to try and take some planetary shots that are worth posting.

bigjoe
02-02-2018, 12:13 PM
With conjunctions coming up this will be one of the best years for Mars, Saturn, Jupiter in a long time.

Even Mars and M22 get near together April 1st; then Mars and Saturn on the 2nd, at 1.2°...plus others .

So plenty of action coming up.
bigjoe.

dannyboy
03-02-2018, 02:03 PM
Hi all,

My first post!
Here is my blood moon shot. I think the tracking is slightly out but it looks nice.:D

dannyboy
03-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Sorry for hijacking your thread, I posted in the wrong place!

75BC
06-02-2018, 12:12 PM
Cause it's your first post I'll let you off this time Danny. ;)

Nice pic too by the way. :thumbsup: