PDA

View Full Version here: : Visions of the future.

xelasnave
30-01-2018, 06:27 PM
I have been blessed with vissions of the future which has shown me how the world will be saved.
And as I am always right think we should get the general idea out there...so I see maybe saw...a machine that took the CO2 out of the air and produced the carbon in a structer but different like a diamond and this machine prints out everything in a material better thanbdiamond or strre suchvthat it never wears out and entire running things come off the assembly line and they never been ear out so from that point everything never has to be rebuilt. ..
Now the oxygen went into another machine but I didnt get a good look at it....
So what have your vissions of the future revieled...
I found a bloke made a cat almost exact like my idea but without the wing effect and he broke the record but I cant find it...but it was just like I saw in my mind...
Anyways what the next big shift that will change things somehow.
It is hard to think of something.
I have a gambling system that cant fail but thats hard work...
Ideas?
Alex

baileys2611
30-01-2018, 06:48 PM
:scared2:

xelasnave
30-01-2018, 07:11 PM
My milk tastes funny.
So Simon no visions of the future?
Are you looking hard enough?
Alex

RB
30-01-2018, 10:43 PM
Include some Galactagogues in your diet Alex.

:lol:

AndyG
30-01-2018, 11:07 PM
Exemplary idea Alex,

Your vision is indeed a natural endgame to our current world wide dilemma. Upon reading your post, I employed some GoogleFu (modest effort, left handed only):

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/352/6291/1312

and here's a version for the kids:

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-figured-out-how-to-turn-co2-into-solid-rock-within-months (https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-figured-out-how-to-turn-co2-into-solid-rock-within-months)

Perhaps your had read this in passing, and recollected it somewhat later. Perhaps original thought? Not to worry :)

Are you always right too? Same here. I'm glad we agree!

Bonus points if these gurus can make reprocessed building materials out of it. As for the oxygen, we have plenty of uses for that industrially, so nothing wrong with an additional cheap supply via a by-product.

I was rummaging in the local tip one day (don't ask, it's an old pastime). And was thinking about the currently fictional cliche of "grey goo" nanobots reprocessing the contents of the refuse.

Pour on tamed goo, activate, and tomorrow one has neat stacked cubes of dominant elements or compounds from the refuse.

...Then to deactivate the bots in the pit before they reach China... :P

xelasnave
31-01-2018, 12:31 AM
Thanks for that Andy.
Another idea.
We pump CO2 into space where it solidifies and transport it to Mars to stsrt creating a new atmosphere.
Alex

el_draco
31-01-2018, 08:24 AM
:scared2::scared2:
I'll have what he's having...

AndyG
31-01-2018, 11:06 AM
Time for the space elevator with orbiting counterwieght! A space elevator with lift platforms, and gas/liquid/electrical/comms umbilicals could serve a ridiculous amount of utility. The greatest engineering feat of humanity to date? What could outdo this?

We dream on!

xelasnave
31-01-2018, 11:13 AM
I keep meaning to design something but something comes up.
We really could use a space elevator.
The recycled carbon is actually perfect for such a structure, no maintance and infinetly strong.
Alex

xelasnave
31-01-2018, 01:45 PM
The problem is energy really.
Lets assume the structure could be built.
Lifting stuff that high is not easy.
Maybe a hot air ballon system the opposite of counter weight on a lift.
Alex

xelasnave
31-01-2018, 01:48 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_elevator

Alex

FlashDrive
31-01-2018, 05:22 PM
I'm in Alex .... I have a degree in ' Lego Building ' from the Internet

Col...

AndyG
31-01-2018, 05:26 PM
That was a top read - Cheers!
I'm thinking it'll go electric, with either linear motor / mag rail, or rotational motor on friction rollers. Power would be fusion from base station with graphene as the rail conductor. I can imagine some real efficiency (resistance) changes as the conductors go from hot/cold being in the sun/shadow of Earth etc.

Wow, a 5+ day trip at 300km/h. A rather sedate speed in astro terms. Of course that's relative to the surface. One's angular velocity at the top is more respectable.

Thankfully centifugal force takes over past a certain point, thus requiring brakes, not propulsion. There may be scope for regenerative braking or the climber being self powered from that point onwards.

I'm curious whether the climbers will be up/down (re-used), or just "up", and forming part of the project/mission themselves. The latter seems more efficient to me.

My head hurts (in a good way). Thanks for this much needed distraction.

Cheers,
Andy.

deanm
31-01-2018, 07:59 PM
Yes, Andy...we see.
Dean

xelasnave
01-02-2018, 02:11 PM
It is not easy to think of anything past where we are now...
I mean 3d printing has arrived, cheap computers (phones) extra ordinary communication...and anyone can publish a book or movie or present whatever talent they have simply such the whole world could look.

It will be interesting to follow the face book approach...will we develop like the Borg...or are we almost at that point?

I wonder if the number of humans will grow such that we have to cull species that consume food we could eat...sea birds and whales...that sort of thing.

And of course will there be a time where travel or residence to and on the Moon and Mars is necessary for no other reason all the humans simply cant fit on Earth ...will the oceans ever be covered over to provide standing room?
Will food ever become so precious that we will need to recycle deceased humans into food for animals or even food for us.

Alex

Kal
02-02-2018, 11:36 AM
I think I saw one of those machines Alex, it was called a tree :D:rofl::lol:

xelasnave
02-02-2018, 02:04 PM
I like trees.
How many do we need to restore the balance...I guess I could work it out.
Average CO2 output and then what a tree can fix and how many humans etc...
The Plantation forrest mob used something like this approach to get subsidies to plant trees...all good...but I have recently witnessed a property where all those trees were poisoned. ..but for me thats ok as mono culture does not appeal...I have eighty acres of such timber and it makes the land useless but I hope one day it is saleable....I much prefer the two hundred acres that is natural forest...one day it will be the only forrest in the area given the way all the adjoining forrest is being cleared...so at least some animals will have a place to live.
Alex