PDA

View Full Version here: : BIG Chinese post improvement

LewisM
29-01-2018, 04:33 PM
Ordered an SVBony UV/IR cut filter (1.25", for my guidescope) on the 26th Jan. It arrived in Sydney today, so will likely take 16 days to travel the 295km from Sydney to here.

But 2 days ex-China econ post is pretty impressive now. Must have made it on the mail flight, seeing it should go as regular mail. Only cost me $8 posted :eyepop:

bigjoe
29-01-2018, 04:46 PM
Amazing price Lewis.and its not to be sneezed at from all accounts.

The SVBONY eps with an aspheric non glass eyelens in the 23mm is actually very useful at a ridiculously low price also..Ive not used one but others on CNs have, and love them esp the 10mm of the 3...one can buy on Ebay.

Maybe thats the way of the future with some lenses ...even Zeiss has used special plastic aspheric lenses at times...and it works.

No need to scoff at the price if it works I say.

bigjoe.

LewisM
29-01-2018, 05:43 PM
It's only to reduce bloat in the guidecam, so even if it does half a job, it's half of something :)

I use one in front of my Baader LP filter on my CCD. I thought at first it was causing internal reflections so I took it off and tested, and no different (somewhere else).

Only issue I have with the SVBONY is they aren't stackable. You have to use them as the last filter on top of a stackable like Baader, Astronomik etc.

LewisM
31-01-2018, 12:03 PM
As expected, AusPost hilarity...

It left Chullora on Monday, and latest scan is Greenacre this morning...so it moved from one suburb to the next. The mind boggles.

So, I guess it might just make the 16 days I predicted.

RB
31-01-2018, 12:11 PM
In time for Chinese new year.
:P

LewisM
31-01-2018, 12:14 PM
Gong Hey Fat Boy...errr, sorry I meant Gong Hey Fat Choy :P