PDA

View Full Version here: : An Aircraft Passenger's worst nightmare

Exfso
29-01-2018, 02:46 PM
This is really an ultimate scary moment for a passenger in an aircraft when the pilot becomes incapacitated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7acKva76tL0

LewisM
29-01-2018, 03:07 PM
You need to watch/listen to some of the hypoxia videos. Truly scary.

I had hypoxia once and that was just at FL110. Mild, but NOT funny at all. Found a faulty O2 valve after landing when I complained of headaches and disorientation during the flight.

I think there is still a Citation or LearJet or similar video of the pilot becoming increasingly hypoxic to the point of complete delerium and you can hear the O2 warning horn blaring in the background... they lived, thankfully.

Exfso
29-01-2018, 03:23 PM
Yeah Lewis, I think there was a case of one of the pro golfers learjet from memory losing all contact and ending up crashing, this was probably the cause as well. So many things can go wrong.
This is the incident I was referring to: http://www.nytimes.com/1999/10/26/sports/golf-pro-golfer-and-5-others-die-in-a-baffling-jet-accident.html

FlashDrive
29-01-2018, 05:33 PM
What an experience to go through ..... a ' crash ' ( excuse the pun ) course on becoming a Pilot.

A story to tell the Grand Children ....

Thanks for the link Peter.

Col....

FlashDrive
29-01-2018, 05:48 PM
I had the ' crappers ' knocked out of me one day ...I had just finished a 100hly service on a Cessna 152....the chief Engineer signed off the Aircraft Maintenance Log ..... and up we went for a ' test flight '

We did the ' magneto ' test in flight etc ... and then a ' stall ' maneuver ( no airflow over the wing ... beeper screaming it's head off in the cockpit ) wherein the aeroplane just ' drops ' ... my ' guts ' nearly came out of my mouth , head hit the top of the cockpit ceiling.

The chief decides to ' race towards the ground ' in a vertical fall ... pulls up on the stick ... by this time I feeling pretty ' green ' ....then over we go on tight banking ... left bank .. then right bank ....I just wanted to get out, but I couldn't of course.

A couple of ' touch and go's ' and back on the deck....I went to the hanger looking for a ' sick bag '

When he parked the plane, I told him next time ' give me a G Suit ' .... :rofl: a ' G Suit ' for a 152 :rofl:

I never went up with him again .... he was smiling all the time :mad2:

Col...

LewisM
29-01-2018, 07:08 PM
Oh, what we call Capt. D!ckhead. He'd be the w@nker that insists on wearing 4 bar epaulettes besides being a Cessna Monkey.

And of course wear RayBan Aviators and a huge chronograph watch.

And drive a Nissan 370Z (or something higher up the chain of w@nkdom)
- Little Pecker car. :rofl:

Exfso
30-01-2018, 07:43 PM
From memory a C152 is an aerobat, correct me if I am wrong here. So it is very capable of aerobatic feats. Not nice having that done to you that is for sure, especially without any warning.:screwy:

FlashDrive
30-01-2018, 07:50 PM
Not manufactured as an ' aerobatic ' ... just a small general aviation Aircraft.

:D Com'on Hurry Up ( last pic )

Col....

LewisM
30-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Well, the C150 was not aerobatic, but indeed the C152 is.

I was given the ride of a life-time by Australia's then-No2 aerobatic pilot in a C152 once...now THAT was something!! Snap rolls were interesting :lol:

I have a full aerobatic rating, entirely done on a Tiger Moth (plus of course a tail wheel endorsement - CASA specifically wrote it in my old paper licence as a specific DH-82 endorsement for nostalgia sake).

FlashDrive
30-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Well ....I've learnt something after all these years .... never knew that, I've only seen them at flying schools for trainee pilots.... the Aero Club where I was had 2 x C150 and 3 by C152's plus a Baron55 and 1 Decathlon ( tail dragger ..Frabic Skin )

Seen plenty of ' Pitt Specials ' doing their thing in the Sky ( Airshows )

Col...

LewisM
30-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Well, technically not all C152 were the 152 Aerobat, but most sold in Australia were. There were some Aerobat 150's too, just to confuse :LOL: