PDA

View Full Version here: : trump

speach
24-01-2018, 09:11 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to turn on the news in the morning not to have what the idiot Trump had has a 'brain fart' as the lead story.

el_draco
24-01-2018, 09:17 AM
You'd only hear about "Turnips" brain farts then.. Not sure which is worse..:shrug:

sharpiel
24-01-2018, 09:42 AM
Well North and South Korea have opened dialogue towards greater communication and exchanges of ideas. Potentially this has resulted from Trump bluff and bluster. Maybe...

The US economy is doing reasonably well.

We haven't all been obliterated in nuclear holocaust.

I have heard a ginormous amount of negative press about everything to do with Trump even before he was elected. And that continues. Some balance would be nice...I'm sure there are positives should we choose to look. Yes he has some very obvious issues...so do I. Don't we all..?

Everyone is on the popular "hate Trump" wagon. I'm not pro trump but I like to look for balance and seek the other side. I don't trust the popular media and I think there's always an agenda behind all reporting. At the moment that's anti-Trump. And everyone looks to cash in on that.

In the Kradashian world where the base person believes everything they read online or see on their TV, I've become more sceptical. So everyone hates Trump. Well...maybe there's more to the news than we readily absorb.

AndrewJ
24-01-2018, 10:22 AM
I suspect all we are currently seeing is a bit of smoke and mirrors put out by a professional liar to cover up what he is doing for a bit longer, and the other side is going along in hope.
ie Neville Chamberlain also opened a dialogue once and came back with a signed bit of paper saying "all will be well" to prove it.
That ended well.
Andrew

sharpiel
24-01-2018, 10:40 AM
I agree. Facts, and proof often come with time.

Let's see how we are in a few years time.

xelasnave
24-01-2018, 10:58 AM
Trump in effect whipped everyones butt ... in his party to become candidate and then the election and that hurts and continues to hurt ... he beat those who had been in the game for years so he would be seen as an upstart.

And if anyone really cared to look and work out his tactic you will realise that he is playing the political game exceptionally well...Any publicity is good publicity dont you know and he has the opposition running around in circles seemingly focused on his personal problems such that policy seems to take a back seat.

And this confusion that I suggest he creates is for the specific purpose of perpetuating his oppositions hate for him such that the democrates are not thinking about the next election and planning for it.

They are tied up planning protests rather than the next election.

He plays the game keep them guessing...he makes the game personal and his opposition fall in the trap.

He exhibits great cunning by causing focus to be on trivial matters.

Unfortunately the opposition seem to be falling for his game.

Alex

LewisM
24-01-2018, 10:59 AM
I sure do prefer hearing "Trump had a brain fart" than the what-if (and with a LARGE amount of truth) of "Hillary declares war on Russia".

Trump is an absolute moron, but Hillary was pure evil that WOULD have taken the world to the brink of war, or even over the precipice. Hillary needs genuine psychiatric help (well recognised now)

el_draco
24-01-2018, 11:44 AM
Utter twaddle. :rolleyes:

julianh72
24-01-2018, 11:55 AM
And Trump needs to be locked-up in a rubber room.

el_draco
24-01-2018, 11:59 AM
They have more in common than not and probably see Trumpet as a common enemy intent on starting a war.

Economists consistently say the improvements in the U.S. economy are a legacy of Obama, not Trumpet. This piece of trash has wiped out the environmental protection process and given open slather to anyone who wants to pollute. He's attempted to destroy health care in the U.S. and handed the richest a multi-billion dollar bonus... at the expense of the poor. he's radically divided the country and that's just for starters.

He's working on it. Since Trumpet took over, the Kim dong dong camp has accelerated its weapons development program... and I don't blame them one little bit.

That's because he is a complete and utter narcissistic scum-sucking abomination on every level. Since being "elected" he's pulled out the same rule book as most dictators, destroy any opposition and discredit those who challenge what he does.. If he wasn't such a tub of lard, I'd expect him to goose step.

He's a proven liar, cheat and completely self centred. What's not to hate? Name one redeeming factor!

The Kradashian world is where Trumpet thrives, pander to the moron fringe and deny reality. The "credible" news outlets state the case and back it with facts. The Trumpet camp sends out "tweets". When the credible news outlets are all aying the same thing... time to listen.

LewisM
24-01-2018, 12:01 PM
Hell yes. Then he could bounce around all by himself all day. The man is a buffoon.

The one I really despise is Vice-Puncident Mike Pence. Really slimy looking bastige, and I am sure he's going to do something really smarmy/snarky any time soon. Good match for Dump though.

LewisM
24-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Then you need to do some reading Rom. Her modus operandi and agenda would scare most.

sharpiel
24-01-2018, 12:26 PM
Rom I prefer to see evidence of things myself before I lay scathing judgments. And all we're seeing is what were shown and told. The media is A little 1984 Orwellian for me.

Have you personally seen any of the things you're shown on the telly?

Just sayin...

xelasnave
24-01-2018, 12:46 PM
There is always a bright side...
Remeber the ban the bomb rallies and later the anti Vietnam protests?
It all seemed to go away such that the average folk were apart from political process.
Trump has stirred polital emotion and personally I think that is a good thing.
Admittedly the protests get out of hand but at least folk are concerned and interested and really for some time politics was a closed shop.
And the other wonderful thing to appreciate you all can call Trump what you like but (so far) there is no retribution and certainly there are other systems that would see you disappear if you even himted that you did not love your leaders.

As to the media...its news folks...they love it...how can anyone not see that.

If anyone does anything outrageous they love it...they stir the pot and so many just dont get it.
As Les says in effect stay cool and calm.
Alex

taminga16
24-01-2018, 12:52 PM
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theage.com .au%2Fworld%2Fpresident-trump-made-2140-false-or-misleading-claims-in-his-first-year-20180121-h0lpm6.html&h=ATNrYj1Z2504siRYfe2w9TySIIAZR0lpY jHMvqmmi6_xMvLDWPWAs3cPvnryhFTcqDs1 a41AiPXwd0G-DdXy-i07DZZTL5Pz6IjGdYPq4xA2al7RFzVFzHiM UBUG8m7L4XgIT_YzK4HnW2BikFWUsWDScEw w0izdBSfUOFkmgIVEXWIvBxNRbxBeZFap4Q 9zDmsrrCsgLcPToMlC3ZGHw6t6-ExbGs-G5ZbWFfeHOe6bqPsEL2b3sRBugiE1OTBAme xmGY_UQzXk7QDEy_c2yajBh2igxjVI1JMeA YAeDZOmcdfIKZbDPiQ9

xelasnave
24-01-2018, 01:07 PM
Greg can you post the content please I like many others dont do face book.
alex

julianh72
24-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Linked article is here:
http://www.theage.com.au/world/president-trump-made-2140-false-or-misleading-claims-in-his-first-year-20180121-h0lpm6.html

"One year after taking the oath of office, President Donald Trump has made 2140 false or misleading claims, according to The Washington Post's The Fact Checker database that analyses, categorises and tracks every suspect statement uttered by the President. That's an average of nearly 5.9 claims a day."

I know we are accustomed to be cynical about statements and claims made by politicians, but Trump really takes it to a new level.

FlashDrive
24-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Vote 1 ... Rom for President :lol:

AstralTraveller
24-01-2018, 02:19 PM
There are worse options and we'd certainly see some direct action. Personally I think Alex would be a good option. Apart from his obvious decency and common sense he has the ability to make obscure/confusing statements without scaring people (sorry .. scaring folk) :D.

Of course if I was President for a day .... I'd put off everything until tomorrow. :question:

OICURMT
24-01-2018, 02:32 PM
Economist are split... however, almost all give credit to Trump for the recent stock price surge. This of course, has nothing to do with the economy, per se, but gives an indication of investor apetite for investment based on promises (true or false) as to where the GOP are going to take "capitalism". Obama's legacy is that he at least paved the way for a reduction in the paperwork associated with regulation, even though his administration increased regs (particularly in Oil and Gas, after the Macondo incident). His administration at least made the process more streamlined, thus more "corporate friendly" (I have Republican friends who seriously disagree with me here... :P)

I'm not happy with who he has as the head of the EPA, period. I suspect that over-sight over areas such as ANWAR and offshore GOM are going to revert to the G.W. Bush days. Obama oversaw the worst envionmental disaster in US history and changed things so it (most likely) won't happen again. I'd like to keep it that way.

As for destroying health care, I have to :lol:. It was already destroyed. The problem is that the GOP and Dems should have gotten together to fix the ACA, not rip it down. Almost every American wants free choice when it comes to health care. The ACA took that away (think individual and corporate mandates). I'm on a group plan with my company, which is far better than what I could get under the ACA at 25% less cost. Easy math...

The reason the ACA is so costly is that it's designed to force young healthy people (under the individual mandate) to support and subsidize the unhealthy one (and the elderly).

I do agree that Trump's being self serving with respect to the new tax reductions... millionaires get about a 3.3% break, whereas I'll get about 2.4%. Better than a kick in the pants, but I see your point.

The best part of the tax plan is the ability for corporations to repatriate money. Granted a lot will be given to shareholders as dividends or to buy back stock, but there has already been a significant number of companies that plan on reinvesting (Apple for example) and expanding operations (i.e. more jobs) in America, along with raising wages and giving a bonus (Walmart of all companies!). So I'll disagree that the tax bill is hurting the US.

The US divided when Obama took office... Trump just exposed the under-belly. Obame was too far left for the right and Trump too far an idiot for the left... and is now showing that he's far right to boot.

Bottom line : Both parties suck at governing, not unlike the sitation in Australia...

North Korea's foray into Nukes is well documented and it's the Clinton administration who let the Genie out of the bottle in 1994.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Agree with almost every point... well said. The only difference is that 1) we (United States of America) are still democratic; 2) we have the right to ignore him (which upwards of 64% do) and; 3) we reserve the right to shoot our pollies... :eyepop: so I don't expect to goose-step anytime soon.

As is every politician, statesman, diplomat and most every Homo Sapien on the planet. As for redeeming factor? His hair make's the Golden Pheasant look good!

100% correct.

In closing, I don't mind Trump, I just wish he would shutup and govern. I agree that Hillary would have made a bad choice. We (America) were presented with two evil... guess which one was the lesser?

I would have preferred John Kasich as a candiate for the GOP and Lincoln Chaffe for the dems. But both were eliminated. I could not bring myself to vote for a Presidential ticket this time around, so I didn't. Voted in all other areas, but not for the top ticket.

2018 mid-terms should be interesting. The dems have a chance to win a few seat in the lower house, with the senate up for grabs.

OIC!
<Std Disclaimer> I'm a registered independent in the US. I'm economical conservative, socially liberal, fiscally responsible.

OICURMT
24-01-2018, 02:36 PM
A better source Alex... http://www.politifact.com/personalities/

if you want to compare Trump to Obama...

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/

Makes it clear that Trump lives in his own world (or alternate universe).

OIC!

xelasnave
24-01-2018, 02:40 PM
Well I must say its his transparency that appeals to me..The professional polititians no doubt lie as much make as many promises and dont deliver just like Trump but because they are so cunning they rarely get found out.

And I love it that he does not care ..he knows its nonsense and he does nonsense quiet well.

No GST.

No carbon tax.

no child in poverty.

no wall.

If anyone thinks that Hillary or anyone else in politics for that matter are beyond fault without many nasty things to their credit that we will never know about I suggest you may be unrealalistic.

And how is the stock market going..that is all that counts...who really cares about anything else really...sure we all would like the world to be better but not if our personal wealth is under threat...if Trump starts causing folk to lose money (big people) he will be got rid of...but if inclinded you could make good money with the swings Trump injects into the market.

The key is not to let any of this nonsense worry you...the loss you experience is not caused by Trump or NK or anything else...the loss you experience is what you cause by giving a damn.

Be happy and the world is great ..be sad and it is terrible.
You are the center of your universe and can make it any form you wish.

Alex:)

FlashDrive
24-01-2018, 02:52 PM
His Hair Style ..... :D

AndrewJ
24-01-2018, 02:56 PM
And even that is fake,,,,
according to his last medical :cool3:
Andrew

FlashDrive
24-01-2018, 02:57 PM
Apparently he ' paints ' it orange ..... :lol:

AndrewJ
24-01-2018, 02:59 PM
I think the drugs he uses are probably the same ones TASSAL uses to control the colour of the flesh in their "naturally" farmed salmon.

Andrew

sharpiel
24-01-2018, 03:07 PM
@ OICRUMT. Refreshing to see a objective local perspective.

@ Alex. My friend...the iron fist velvet glove oratory as usual. Truth wrapped in bacon...mmmmmm

xelasnave
24-01-2018, 03:58 PM
Thanks.
I had to go out as my father needed beer but I will go thru your links now.
Thanks for taking your time to provide what I expect will be informative.
Alex

Visionary
25-01-2018, 04:37 AM
Alex, I have many UK friends my God do they get hot under the collar about Trump. Trump isnt the PM of the UK, he isnt the PM of Aust, he is the President of the USA, who gives a flying toss what he says. Irrespective of the what the Fairfax Press may say he has zero influence here. Let him eat cake if he wishes.

ZeroID
25-01-2018, 09:01 AM
Unfortunately what Trump says or does affects the rest of the world too much. I just hope someone has disabled that 'Red Button' he supposedly keeps on his desk.
His opting out of the Global warming group says he doesn't care about what happens to the rest of the planet. Or his own country for that matter. His ignorance on world affairs is absolutely appalling.
His constant self promotion just demonstrates what an ignorant narcissist he is and how little he regards everyone else. The damage he has done to the USA's image is just laughable. He is a joke on all fronts.
How he has survived this long as POTUS is completely unfathomable, he should have been sectioned months ago. :shrug:

julianh72
25-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Inflaming tensions on the Korean peninsula, inflaming tensions in the Middle East (e.g. recognising Jerusalem as the capital of Israel), reneging on deals with Australia made by the the previous Administration (e.g. Manus Island resettlement), pulling out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership - creating a trade war with China (and Australia), pulling the USA out of the Paris Climate Deal (which affects the whole world), ....

And he still hasn't bothered to appoint an Ambassador to Australia.

Yeah, right - nothing Trump says or does affects us! :question:

OICURMT
25-01-2018, 12:17 PM
Not on his desk, but near him 24/7.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football

bigjoe
25-01-2018, 12:50 PM
Scary that something like this can exist and be smuggled across borders...by a like psycho.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suitcase_nuclear_device

bigjoe.

AstralTraveller
25-01-2018, 02:44 PM
As much as I cherish my Australian identity, I can't help thinking that nation-states are becoming an increasingly problematic institution. When you consider how internationalised production, distribution and consumption of commodities has become, how art and culture are shared, how much people travel and with whom they have connections and especially how decisions made in one nation state can affect people around the world, you have to wonder whether our present system of governance is really adequate for today's conditions.

This is from the recent obituary of Hugh Masekela in Rolling Stone:

In October 2016, Masekela released what would become his last album, No Borders. During an interview, with the South African newspaper City Press (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIgmaPan-RY), he said of the album, "I don't believe in borders, because we didn't create them. I just wanted to do an international, diaspora kind-of feel so people can see that we're all the same people."