PDA

View Full Version here: : [SOLD] 18" F3.5 Dobsonian reflector

mch62
22-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Selling due to health, my DIY Dobsonian 18" F3.5.:(
Main Mirror by Mark Suchting Australia. approximately 3-4 years old.
Zenith viewing height approximately 1600mm for no ladder viewing.(depending on observers height)
Includes Feather Touch focuser with integrated Paracorr coma corrector, valued at $1000us alone.
DIY 80mm triplet binocular lens finderscope with illuminated crosshair eyepiece.
All other components from US suppliers Astrosystems Protostar and Moonlite including fully flocked interior surface material,quick connectors and poles, spider and 4.5" secondary and holder.
Mirror mount is an adjustable double sling setup giving full adjustments and stability.
Wheelie bars for moving.
Due to weight logistics this is a local pick up and view in the Lockyer Valley Queensland.
Price $4750.00

floyd_2
22-01-2018, 08:21 PM
Lovely looking scope Mark. I think someone is going to get themselves a bargain scope mate - such a pity that scope weight is also a concern for me or I'd be making the drive up north this evening. It must be breaking your heart selling it.

ausastronomer
24-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Sorry to hear you have to sell the scope for health reasons Mark.

That is a really great deal for someone out there, with the primary mirror, focuser and paracorr alone worth well in excess of the asking price for the entire scope.

I really hope it founds a great home.

Cheers,
John B