PDA

View Full Version here: : Placed an order for...

wavelandscott
01-01-2018, 12:59 PM
Happy to report that I was given the okay from my lovely spouse to order a new Zambuto mirror for my telescope. In communicating with the artisan via email it seems that I may have a 10-12 month wait for it to be done.

I guess this means we will have several months in 2018 of pristine skies in the NE USA...followed by a completely cloud filled 2019.

Regardless of the wait (and future clouds), I am looking forward to the upgrade and am hopeful that I will be able to add my voice to the ZOC magnificent mirror fan club in due course.

StuTodd
01-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Oooh that will be very nice!

Do you have aperture fever Scott or did you get the 15 or 12.5" replaced? Either way, they are stunning mirrors. And yeah, you've probably jinxed the entire US into a record cloud cover run :lol:

Stu

wavelandscott
02-01-2018, 08:13 AM
Keeping to 15 inches, will swap out the current mirror and adjust the structure to match the new mirror when it comes.

Always wanted a ZOC mirror and also like keeping my feet on the ground when viewing...this should accomplish both.

Now to be patient and wait...

Rodstar
02-01-2018, 08:26 AM
That's great news Scott, the wait will be well-worth it once the new mirror arrives. Hope the resulting cloud-age does not infect the southern skies!

ausastronomer
02-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Hi Scott,

Congratulations on becoming a future member of the ZOC Club.

I have been a very happy member of the ZOC Club since 2008 with my 14"/F4.5 SDM. The scope is a stunning performer.

The big thing I notice with my ZOC mirror being only 32mm thick, is that it cools and stabilises much faster than the 2" thick mirror in my 18" Obsession. The 14" ZOC mirror gives pinpoint stars with exceptional contrast and planetary views. One of the very best mirrors I have ever used, which counts in the several hundred.

Once you get the scope properly set up you will quickly learn what all the hype is about. There is no going back.

Cheers
John B

wavelandscott
02-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Thanks guys for your encouraging words...now I just have to wait until I get the mirror.