PDA

View Full Version here: : Happy to see cloud cover.

xelasnave
18-12-2017, 10:30 PM
After my little scare I decided to pull the mount down again.
I worked on it for ages lining up the gears, checking them, could not sort the slap in the dec I was surexthere was a slack mess between worm and crown wheel so I hit it with 1 one kg exercise bar.. Seems perfect. Anyways I finished and felt very tired so I was actually happy to see cloud cover.
Alex

leon
19-12-2017, 08:05 AM
Look after your self Alex, seems you are not quite over your last health issue.
Clouds can be good sometimes, one dose not have to make any decisions about going out or not LOL

Leon

Shano592
19-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Yes, Alex. Especially with this fresh round of heat coming.

I do prefer the Perth heat. At least being dry, it is an honest heat. This east coast humidity masks a lot of damage potential.

Heat stroke can take a while to fully get over. Make sure you are getting good amounts of minerals, along with your fluid intake.

A lot of people don't like it, but I have taken to adding a pinch of salt in each cup of water, during the hotter months. I find that I sweat a lot more now, than I remember ever doing.

Just like getting a wave in the face at the beach!

pjphilli
20-12-2017, 11:29 AM
Following generally accepted medical advice I have got into the habit of avoiding salt in my food wherever I can. However, during this hot weather I found that whilst keeping my fluid intake up I keep getting a very dry mouth.
I have recently taken to having a teaspoonful of Staminade (a mix of various salts) in a glass of water at lunchtime. This seems to have cured my dry mouth problem so I guess I was going too hard on the salt reduction. You may wish to consider this aspect Alex unless of course you have contrary medical advice.
Peter

xelasnave
21-12-2017, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the advice re salt.
I tend not to salt my food but I was getting cramps and started going against the word which is thou is having too much salt.
Well the cramps are no more.
So yesterday loaded the car with all the astronomy gear plus a 100 amp hour battery.
All had to go down one flight of stairs and it was hot, but each trip I would have a couple of sips of water and a rest, took a couple of hours and I could not find my inverter.
So called by Jay car to get another and didn't get out of town until after lunch.
Great trip as they have opened up a new section and did not get much 80klm stuff and did the trip in a little under eight hours non stop.
Its cloudy but already got some shots of the peacock from next door "Jeff" as my daughter calls him..Malcolm would be better.
He seemed put off by my red car and put on a full display. So that was pleasing.
But the chances of astronomy don't look good.
Anyways feeling fit.
Alex

Shano592
21-12-2017, 01:17 PM
My folks had a feral peacock that used to roam on the small hobby farm south of Perth. He used to show off to the chickens (who weren't impressed), and attack the large plate window at 6am (when the reflection was right), attacking his evil twin.

I think the foxes may have gotten him in the end, but he was certainly good value, if not really loud.

xelasnave
21-12-2017, 01:25 PM
This was on the phone but got heaps on the Nikon that I will have to leave for now.
Alex