PDA

View Full Version here: : 3 Landscape Panel Mosaic of Horse & Orion (wide pano)

dylan_odonnell
14-12-2017, 12:10 PM
I hadn't imaged for a while because of the bad weather so was a bit out of practice but did a mostly clear straight run with this image in just over 2 hours using the f2 celestron RASA and QHY12 colour CCD camera.

I just wanted to see if I could fit them both in end to end to see how far apart they were but still get a good amount of close up detail. They fit pretty well perfectly on each side of 3 slightly overlapping frames with my setup.

That worked out ok for a single quick session and I used the mosaic method in PixInsight (reference model, then gradient merge tool) which was good, but my subs still had some issues which made the seams fairly poor and a few other artefacts I fixed in PS later with heavily unscientific editting.

But before I posted it online I wondered if I could get it to work as an interactive "panorama" on Facebook .. you know where you can look around a pano photo? Turns out I just had to hack a line of EXIF code into the JPG and that was enough to fool facebook into thinking it was an image from my phone. It actually works great! Totally faux perspective but a really nice effect. See here for the '360' pano effect :

FACEBOOK LINK : https://t.co/5O2WNCLhCz

HIGHER RES (5000px wide) : https://deography.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/MOSAIC-SKYBRIDGE.jpg

d

PS. Star Stuff 2018 news coming soon.

multiweb
14-12-2017, 12:18 PM
That is superb! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JA
14-12-2017, 12:56 PM
^ +1. Superb and wonderful field of view - FB and High res.:thumbsup:

Best
JA

strongmanmike
14-12-2017, 09:50 PM
Enjoyed these Dylan, nice (quick) job indeed, great colours :thumbsup:

Mike

IanP
14-12-2017, 11:07 PM
great photo dylan .... APOD !!!

Give a little bit of "boost" to your photo ... there is a lot of data there ...

:hi:

Ross G
02-01-2018, 09:38 PM
What an amazing photo Dylan.

Composition, detail, sharpness, colour...it's got the lot.

One of the best photos I have seen on this forum.

Love it!

Ross.

alpal
02-01-2018, 10:31 PM
Hi Dylan.
that's great work.
It would be nice if the whole sky was done like that.

cheers
Allan

Flugel88
04-01-2018, 03:40 AM
Looks Great Mate.
Can't see the mosaic seems or difference in gradients.
Horse head has some nice detail I like it :)