PDA

View Full Version here: : Ngc 241 - ngc 330

Slawomir
15-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Hi all,

It has been quite some time since I had an opportunity to contribute constructively to our wonderful forum.

Although low in the sky from Brisbane, it is conveniently positioned in the narrow slice of the sky I can image from our courtyard, so slowly over several nights I collected satisfactory data to put together a H_alpha image of this busy and captivating region in the SMC.

Acquisition details:

CFF 105 mm at f/4.5
Mach1 GTO
QSI 690
Astrodon 3nm H_alpha
46 x 900 s subs
drizzle integration, minimal processing (no noise reduction nor star reduction of any kind)

Astrobin link:
https://www.astrobin.com/full/321595/0/

Thank you for looking
Suavi

Atmos
15-11-2017, 08:41 PM
Lovely wide field Suavi! Going to go for a HaRGB? SHO?
How have you found it reducing to F/4.5?

RickS
15-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Very nice, Suavi! Would look better with a little noise and star reduction, of course :lol:

Slawomir
15-11-2017, 08:57 PM
Thank you Colin. The field with CFF dedicated flattener is flat as, and focus shift with temp change is practically in existent, while with the Riccardi things are quite more challenging - 0.5mm spacing makes a really big difference to field flatness and refocus is needed at least every 1C. But I like the speed of refractor at f/4.5, which probably compares to f/4 reflector with the same imaging scale. After reading about you getting that awesome f/3 beast, I am even more inclined to eventually follow a similar path to the bright side...

Glad you like it Rick. I think I will stay in the minimalists camp (processing wise) for now :thumbsup:

Andy01
15-11-2017, 09:43 PM
Looking great so far Suavi, coincidentally I was dabbling in that region myself last night.
Your Fov suits the subject well- I look forward to the completed image :)

Placidus
16-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Interesting, different, very nicely done. There aren't so many fields with so many small, relatively discrete and undisturbed "dumplings" of H-alpha, and not so much evidence of bubbles from recent supernovas, so presumably the area is relatively young.

Paul Haese
21-11-2017, 09:31 AM
Suavi, that looks good. So many interesting little clumps of gas. Looking forward to colour.

Slawomir
21-11-2017, 02:06 PM
Thank you Andy. I am awaiting clear skies to add more data.

Glad you like it Mike And Trish.

Thank you Paul. Hopefully next year I will be able to shoot far away from the city lights...:prey:

strongmanmike
21-11-2017, 09:28 PM
Great stuff Suavi, lovely fine detail :thumbsup: as I said to Col, you would have no idea the SMC has this much in it when you look at how little gets captured through broadband filters :eyepop: so many Ha bubbles in there huh?

Mike

Peter Ward
21-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Nice crisp rendition. :thumbsup:

Slawomir
22-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Thank you Mike and Peter for your encouragement.

I'm a bit fed up with severe light pollution and limited views on the sky, so have been planning a move to a small town far away from big city lights. I hope 2018 will mark a beginning of a new era in my adventure with astrophotography :prey:

strongmanmike
22-11-2017, 02:36 PM
Yaaay!!! :2thumbs: good luck mate, JUST DO IT! :drink:

Mike