PDA

View Full Version here: : NGC 2070 my first NB!

traveller
14-11-2017, 11:19 PM
My first attempt at NB image and I am quite pleased with the result.
5x10min in each filter, with dark and bias but no flats, mapped to Hubble palette.
This is the full frame with no cropping, but I have some tilt in the camera, judging by the elongation of stars to the left hand side.
Imaged with FLT 110 with 0.8 reducer flattener to increase the FoV and speed up the imaging time.
ASI1600 with ZWO NB filters, manually focused on each filter change.
Stacked, combined and processed using Images Plus and final tweaking in PS.
Comments and suggestions for improvement most welcome!
Bo

RickS
15-11-2017, 08:32 AM
Looks good, Bo. Unless you're a member of the "green is good" cult, you might want to tweak the colours a bit. Here's a tutorial for doing this in PS: http://bf-astro.com/hubblep.htm

Cheers,
Rick.

Atmos
15-11-2017, 09:35 AM
You've picked up a lot of the nebulosity which is good. I am assuming that this is a Hubble Palette (SHO) rendition? Very hulk like colour but as Rick suggests, to be able to show all three emission lines clearly the green (hydrogen) needs to be suppressed :)

traveller
15-11-2017, 09:53 AM
Thanks Rick,
Another member (Diego) suggested I try Hasta la Vista Green plug in. I will try to recombine again and dial down the green hue first, then tweak with your suggestion and Diego's and see how I go.

Thanks Colin,
Processing NB is a new ball game for me, but one I am willing to play!
Bo

JA
15-11-2017, 10:06 AM
Very nice image Bo, congrats:thumbsup:

Not meaning to divert discussion of your wonderful image, but just a comment when I first saw this image last night on an ipad, i couldn't believe the 3D effect. Incredible !!!. Usually I browse the web on my desktop which has your typical matt/satin monitor screen, but when you look at it on a gloss screen, it's remarkable. To Anyone, try it.

Back to normal programming.

Best
JA

Atmos
15-11-2017, 10:27 AM
I think this is mostly because it hasn't been processed to show every tiny whisper of nebulosity and a lot of the dynamic range has been preserved.

Placidus
15-11-2017, 11:51 AM
Very fine indeed. The colour balance is easy to adjust. :thumbsup:

Andy01
15-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Terrific start on your NB journey Bo!
Reckon you could stretch it a bit more to tease out more details though.
As the colour issue has been addressed already above, I'll look forward to seeing more NB from you this season :)

multiweb
15-11-2017, 12:29 PM
The whole field looks great. Beautiful details. :thumbsup: