PDA

View Full Version here: : [SOLD] Tele vue starbeam finder

TakMan
06-11-2017, 07:08 PM
Sold

TELEVUE STARBEAM FINDER WITH FLIP MIRROR

List in Australia $390 New
Selling $250 Item is almost as new.

I also have listed some nice small V blocks.

Factory description:
Designed to be compatible with all Televue telescopes (except the Ranger model) this exquisitely designed red dot reflex finder is not only functional, but a true work of physics genius and optical art. For anyone who has ever used a illuminated concentric circle finder or red dot finder, there is a point where it is difficult - if not impossible - to see the projected image. Not so with the Televue Star Beam! Let's take a look at the man behind the curtain...

Located behind the flip mirror is an illuminator. This is the projector which produces the red finder "star" which is fully user adjustable for color, brightness and size. At the business end of the Televue SFT-2003 Star Beam Finder, a 39mm aperture high quality concave lens collects starlight and acts as a beamsplitter - collimating and combining the background view and the 10 arc minute diameter projected red star. The highly polished first lens surface acts as a mirror and a compensating curve designed into the second lens surface provides the normal sky background view. Both surfaces are multi-coated to eliminate double images. This means no matter what angle you view from, the projected red "star" stays stationary - from two inches to two feet. The Televue StarBeam Finderscope offers 6-arc-minute accuracy - regardless of eye position. No more head turning, eye blinking and moving around to find the red alignment image and guessing with high power eyepieces... It's there!

The light-weight pivoting first surface flip mirror allows the Starbeam to be used either straight-through, as a right angle finder or whatever angle the user needs. The removable black metal base channel fits the dovetail slot machined into the mounting ring of all current Televue TV-85, TV-101, TV-102, and Televue Renaissance-101 models. Screws thread through the base channel and into the telescope mounting ring, holding the base channel in place. Just slide the Televue Star Beam Finderscope on the base rail, secure with the knurled knob, and align to your telescope's optics with the azimuth and altitude adjustment knobs. Elegance meets ease...

Nothing says quality like the Televue StarBeam Finder. The Starbeam is custom machined completely from aluminum and then black anodized, even down to the "push-pull" thumb screws. No tools are required to align Starbeam with your telescope and all mounting hardware is included. Doesn't your telescope deserve the Televue Star Beam?

TELEVUE STARBEAM FINDERSCOPE FEATURES
Rotary brightness control for 10 arc minute diameter projected red finder star.
Multi-coated lens surfaces
Custom machined black anodized aluminum construction
Removable black metal base channel fits Televue TV-85, TV-101, TV-102, and Televue Renaissance-101 models.
Lifetime Televue Warranty
TeleVue Product Number: SFT-2003

Mamba
06-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Kyle,
I have recently bought Willick’s 101is but it is mounted with parallax rings as shown on the photo (upside down yet again)
I am interested in your finder but it is designed for the TV clamshells unfortunately I do not know of a suitable shoe that would span the two parallax rings. Any practical suggestion would be welcome before I commit myself
Regards
Dave Cooke

TakMan
07-11-2017, 07:55 AM
Dave I have sent you an email.

Kyle