PDA

View Full Version here: : 2" diagonal suggestions sought

rogerg
05-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Hi all,

At the Perth Observatory we have a Meade 14 with standard Meade 2" diagonal on the SCT rear cell. The Meade diagonal is not the easiest to tension/un-lock and rotate, in order to rotate the eyepiece to a suitable viewing location. It grips tight. I wonder if anyone knows of a 2" diagonal for SCT's that has a built in rotation facility, perhaps with the rotation locked by way of thumb screw rather than tension the ring on the SCT? For a backyarder the Meade is no problem bu we have many volunteers, often newbie, using the telescope so such things need to be more idiot/bullet proof.

We have a Feathertouch focuser which provides such functionality but it adds too much to the imaging train, resulting in possible collisions with the Meade fork base.

Google searches haven't been fruitful, perhaps because i'm not searching for the right term ...

Thanks,
Roger.

Kunama
05-11-2017, 07:36 PM
I would go with a Baader Clicklock visual back and the Astro Physics diagonal that is for sale in Accessories at the moment.... if it fits the budget and allows enough space..

rogerg
05-11-2017, 07:46 PM
Thanks, the SCT version of "Baader Clicklock" looks like the kind of thing I was looking for. I didn't think to google "clicklock" :)