PDA

View Full Version here: : Replacement rubber feet for SW tripod?

Merlin66
02-11-2017, 03:17 PM
I've used walking stick stoppers and chair leg stoppers in the past with limited success....
Anyone found a better solution.
(I can't set up the tripod without them on a new patio.... not without the risk of another divorce)

gjr80
02-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Hi Ken,

I'm new here so can't speak from much experience but I was wondering if some screw on type rubber feet used upside down (without the screw of course) might work. I doubt these would be the right size but something like these (https://www.bunnings.com.au/madico-22mm-rubber-white-bumper-round-protec-floor-protection-4-pack_p3970282)

I just had a look at my SW tripod feet and I guess it could work with the right sized feet. White would (I hope) prevent any skid marks.

Gary

Atmos
02-11-2017, 05:23 PM
What about the anti-vibration pads?

Wavytone
02-11-2017, 10:33 PM
Ken - A set of anti-vibration pads and a tube of silicone glue.

Set up the tripod, put some gladwrap under each foot to protect whatever is underneath, and glue the pads in place under each foot with a liberal dollop of goo... leave for 24h to cure. Should stay on well enough, and adapt to uneven terrain if you take it elsewhere.

You could even improvise a small "well" with tape if you want a really deep piece of silicone.

Dont do this on the patio !