PDA

View Full Version here: : Jupiter over the Tetons

Peter Ward
07-10-2017, 09:42 PM
If you happened to be Wyoming, albeit chasing a total solar eclipse, I figured you'd be remiss not to explore the Teton National park as well.

The legendary Ansel Adams spent some time there....and for good reason.

I recalled Ansel's iconic image of this remarkable mountain range, and wanted to re-produce it...with a twist.

The link is here (http://www.atscope.com.au/BRO/officewindow/tetons/snakeriver.html)

Please let me know if I succeeded

multiweb
08-10-2017, 08:13 AM
That's really cool Peter. The opposite gradients from the sky illumination and the foggy mountain silhouette makes it look like an art deco illustration. If you didn't know you'd be hard pressed to realise it's an actual photograph. I like it a lot. :bowdown:

Peter Ward
08-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Too kind Marc. The Sigma Art lens I was using is a remarkable piece of glass, resolving one of Jupiters moons at 50mm is no mean feat. Definitely a lens I’ll be packing again on futute travels :thumbsup:

AstralTraveller
08-10-2017, 09:55 AM
Quite lovely. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

OzEclipse
09-10-2017, 12:18 AM
Fantastic Peter.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Joe

Derek Klepp
09-10-2017, 06:27 AM
Lovely scenery.

Peter Ward
09-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Thanks guys. It was our last night in Jackson, but I took the opportunity to drive out to the Snake River overlook and take the picture. There was no one there! I guess everyone was chilling out in Jackson after the eclipse that morning.

To the naked eye the sky was quite dark...hence I was a little taken aback on how a fast prime, modest time exposure and high ISO revealed what, at the time, looked like a faint glow at best

gregbradley
10-10-2017, 06:05 PM
I was in the area earlier in the year snowmobile touring. Its a great location. Love the photo.

Greg.

Phil Hart
14-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Nice one Peter. I left a bit of my heart in the Teton's after this eclipse.

And I bought the same lens before the eclipse/aurora tour. Likewise no regrets!

Phil

Peter Ward
14-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Very kind words Phil.

I am still in awe of the tonnage you hauled north of the equator and to altitude west of the Tetons for the eclipse....with some luck we’ll catch up again in Parkes in 2018 :D