PDA

View Full Version here: : OCTOBER Photo Challenge - Comments & Notable Rejects

Photo Challenge
05-10-2017, 08:22 AM
This thread is for any comments that you would like to make on the entries in the OCTOBER Photo Challenge submissions.

Additionally, if you have any other shots that you have taken on the subject that didn't quite "make the cut", but you still want to share with the IIS community, then, please, post them here too.

This month's Theme is ... "Golden Hour Activity" ...the period of the first and last hour of sunlight

Allan_L
05-10-2017, 10:04 AM
This would have been my first pic...
nice clear belt of Venus, iconic setting...
but there is no "Activity",
(except maybe the rising moon)
so it didn't fit Suzy's brief.

Suzy
05-10-2017, 11:46 AM
Oh wow what a gorgeous photo, Allan! Would've been more awesome with a Kangaroo or a romantic couple embracing over a glass of wine. There in lies the challenge for "activity" :P.

Astroman
10-10-2017, 10:15 AM
I was thinking of putting this one in, which seems to fit the bill, but I thought with it taken in 2014, it may be a little outside the competition requests. So I decided to go with a more recent image, one that was taken in October.

Photo Challenge
10-10-2017, 01:13 PM
I am having trouble seeing the "ACTIVITY" in some of the submissions.

I may have to rule some as ineligible.

AstroJunk
10-10-2017, 07:10 PM
And tonight's golden hour activity is 'Parking'!

This just turned up at the camp site and amused me :)

leon
11-10-2017, 08:46 AM
Yea there plenty of those Whiss Bangs floating around the Country, mostly backpackers we have seen so many on our travels.

The company is Wicked Campers

They buy/hire them drive them into the ground and go home usually.

It was a wonder that that sentence was allowed for public viewing

Leon

astronobob
13-10-2017, 09:07 PM
No Golden hour around here , maybe call it 'Fog Hour' :P

Derek Klepp
14-10-2017, 06:55 PM
Hope these fit the bill.The first one was this month the other is from the archives.

Rick Petrie
15-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Remarkable bird capture there Chris (Nebulous).:)
How many Scotches did you have before taking your shot?:P

Suzy
31-10-2017, 09:49 PM
They're rejects ? :scared2:
Oh wow, I love them both but the first one in particular is so awesome!
I would love to attempt that shot with my daughter holding up newborn bub in front of the setting sun. Please Derek can you share with me how you got the capture? I have a remote shutter release which will work up to 100 metres if that helps.

Suzy
31-10-2017, 10:36 PM
:lol:Oh wow, last month was tough voting and this month is going to be just as hard! Guys, these are all such great shots. Thank you so much for embracing my challenge, so great to see so many people submitting.
I haven't had much luck this month- we've had so much cloud and storms this month in Brisbane. I was hoping to do something different, but I had to reach for my archive. Anyhow, I'm having fun trying to match my love of planes with these photo challenges :P:lol:.

So handy living so close to a light aircraft airport (YBAF). I said to myself, "OMG if you're going to fly over my house today dressed like that, well... just continue!" :lol:
Gotta love telephoto lenses. This pilot ended up getting this shot. Looking forward to more passes dressed like that :lol:.

Suzy
31-10-2017, 10:56 PM
A few more, snapped within the last 12 months.

Pic #1: A380 Emirates in golden hour - United for Wildlife livery.

Pic #2 & 3: Guns'n'Roses tour plane, Boeing 767, Brisbane Airport.
It was such an amazing sunset- the sky was so brightly lit in pink, it made a fantastic backdrop to my planespotting pics. These were taken hand held as my tripod was busy with the hubby.

Pic #4: Boeing 737 wing cutting through the setting Sun, landing to Brisbane from Melbourne. Phone pic.