PDA

View Full Version here: : eq6 dec electronics issue

dmizen
30-09-2017, 11:38 PM
i have an eq6 pro that is several years old it is displaying strange symptoms

if i try to slew in dec the motor sits and hunts for about 2 seconds before moving, it also sometimes changes direction of its own accord during long slews

if i set the slew rate to less than 9 the motor just hunts (oscillates)

power source is 12v auto deep cycle battery charged about 80 to 90 %

i am on my second board and it shows the same symptoms as the first (as above)

RA works fine

the only thing thats been done is to add a mic plug for power its soldered to the board on the back of the original plug connector

any one seen this before ? solutions ? another board?

dcm

kens
01-10-2017, 07:57 AM
Could be one of the wires going to the motor is dodgy and not delivering pulses reliably. Either that or the motor itself. To test, try swapping the motors (just the connectors) on the MCU. If the problem is the motor/wire the issue will shift to RA. If its the MCU it wil still be in dec. But given you've already changed the MCU it less likely to be that.

miker
02-10-2017, 09:55 AM
DCM, have you actually measured the 12volt supply voltage while the motor is slewing? If so, what was the voltage showing during slewing?

Michael

xelasnave
02-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Fair chance its related to power supply.
I thought my battery was well charged but when the mount seemed to be less than it should be...so

I put on the charger and the problems disappeared.

Have a look at the little light showing that power is on, during the action, if it flickers that means a power problem but if you have a multi meter check with that.

Also I did find a gear once that was not held properly due to the screw somehow working loose.
And it had the thing working and then not.
Hope you figure it out.

alex