PDA

View Full Version here: : My Eclipse Pix 20170821

Jerry_Lodriguss
12-09-2017, 05:40 AM
My eclipse pix… finally got most of them all together…

http://www.astropix.com/eclipse/2017_Total_Solar_Eclipse_Index.html

Click on the link to see the thumbnail page with links to high resolution images with technical information about the pictures and how they were taken.

I didn't visually see any of the following: Earthshine, Mercury, Mars, or any stars other than Regulus, because I completely forgot about my observing list as I stood awestruck looking at the corona with my jaw on the ground. I did see Regulus in the binoculars, it jumped right out first thing.

I also wanted to look at the character of any shadows cast on the ground by the corona, but forgot to do that also.

I also forgot to take the lens cap off of one of the cameras.

I didn't really mind forgetting all though things though... totality was... well... it left me speechless.

Jerry

Derek Klepp
12-09-2017, 07:13 AM
Great set Jerry .I really like the IR fantasy composite.

Retrograde
12-09-2017, 08:23 AM
They are brilliant Jerry. :eyepop:

I along with quite a few other Australian based IIS members travelled over there for the eclipse. My family and I were very warmly received by the locals; many of whom thought it quite amazing that we would travel half way round the world to see it :lol:. It was a wonderful spectacle and well worth the effort.

Thanks for sharing your pics. :thumbsup:

multiweb
12-09-2017, 09:22 AM
Very cool collection. Love the final IR composite. Looking forward to the vid. :thumbsup:

Peter Ward
12-09-2017, 09:56 AM
A great collection of fine images. Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

Jerry_Lodriguss
12-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Thanks everyone for taking a look!

Jerry

h0ughy
12-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Worth the effort, well worth looking at. Some memorable images of the event

strongmanmike
13-09-2017, 05:14 PM
With some processing time now passed...there are still great records of this event coming out and I am sure many more still to come and I'm loving seeing them all... and yours is another very enjoyable set of high quality images Jerry :thumbsup:

Mike

Saturnine
13-09-2017, 11:28 PM
A lot of great images of the eclipse, especially pleasing is the variety of compositions, very well thought out, well done.