PDA

View Full Version here: : Sorry about the weather !!

rustigsmed
04-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Despite ordering weeks apart, including one requiring gst at customs (with duty dec) etc etc both arrived today!

new camera - qhy 163 mono. packaging is much sleeker than my last qhy :thumbsup:

and the new scope - 130mm f7 apo from TS. ive got to say it is bigger than i envisaged but no complaints :lol: not sure i'll get anymore aperture fever (when it comes to refractors). speaking of which first refractor so will probably have some teething issues (expected) but does that reducer flattener look massive or what? of course feels so front heavy as i'm used to back heavy newts.

actually pretty impressed with the focuser quality the plan was to install a moonlite (already have a motorised one on the newt) but perhaps no rush for that just yet.

anyway been out of action on photography for some time, keen to get out of there as soon as the weather clears :sadeyes: atleast its nearly full moon ;)

Rusty

xelasnave
04-09-2017, 07:40 PM
I think they bend under their own weight:rolleyes::D.
What I nice unit:thumbsup:.
I have been playing around with the Moon lately and its ok time to sort stuff out.
And surprised what I could pick up even with the Moon around...
Good luck with first light.
Alex

Slawomir
04-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Congratulations Russell!

We look forward to reading your report from the first light :thumbsup:

Atmos
04-09-2017, 08:16 PM
At first I thought that all the cloud and rain was caused by my second (third) hand Mewlon but I guess I was wrong, it was Russell that deeply offended the weather gods.

johnyb
04-09-2017, 10:01 PM
Hey Russell. Just like a kid on Christmas morning hey?
Can't wait to see your first lot of subs.:thumbsup:

rustigsmed
04-09-2017, 10:18 PM
cheers Alex :thumbsup: i've been following your progress from afar (haven't posted) great to see you're getting back amongst the stars too :thumbsup: looking forward to seeing your images.

cheers suavi, it will be primarily be an imaging scope - hopefully the transition from mirrors to lenses will be relatively painless. but i am thinking i should invest in some eyepieces now.

congrats on the mewlon! sounds fantastic - interested to hear how it performs. seems to be a combo of both of us :lol: thanks but i prefer to blame thunor, taranis, thor, zeus, jupiter etc etc actually any of the subsequent indo european sky god cognates whom obviously are all astronomers' arch nemeses.

Cheers JB i think we can both relate to that feeling :thumbsup: looking forward to a productive year of astronomy ahead for both of us (after these investments!) :eyepop:

strongmanmike
04-09-2017, 10:52 PM
Aaaah, nothing like receiving a new set of shipping boxes with lots of parts, adaptors, cables and screws, all in resealable plastic bags :lol:

Mike

rustigsmed
05-09-2017, 09:34 AM
:lol: and oversized boxes that take up half the house!