PDA

View Full Version here: : Celestron pro wedge for 11cpc

Noddy81
30-08-2017, 12:21 AM
Hi all just want your opinion on wether to cheep the wedge or not that was given to me as I only view with my scope on to take pictures. And if so what would it be worth

Shano592
30-08-2017, 11:44 AM
Hi Daniel,

To keep or not to keep. An interesting conundrum.

Like yourself, a lot of us start out wanting to do only visual astronomy. A lot of people stick with it, and love it.

Some us however, get caught buying more and more bits and pieces, because we decided that we want to capture those photons, not just see them!

If you have any thoughts about bolting a camera on at some stage in the future, then I would hang on to the wedge. Make a storage box, get some desiccant packs to stop moisture, and put it away until you are ready for it.

I couldn't tell you what it would be worth to sell. Each wedge's condition will be unique. I bought a Mitty Evolution wedge a few years back from an Iceinspace member. I paid $600 for it, and it supports a 10-inch Meade scope, with a bunch of imaging gear on it. Some sell for more, some sell for less.

One thing will be sure though... if you do sell it now, you can guarantee that in a couple of years you will want the thing!

Best of luck.

casstony
30-08-2017, 11:53 AM
If you get interested in DSO imaging you don't want to start with a C11 anyway, so I'd say sell the wedge. Try half new price or search the archives to see what they generally sell for.

Noddy81
31-08-2017, 07:34 AM
So still not shore so i think might sell my nex Gide and the wedge for the 11inch now how much do you think it's worth