PDA

View Full Version here: : ISS Lunar Transit with the Eclipsed Moon captured on 7.8.17 from India

prabhu
09-08-2017, 10:05 PM
ISS Lunar Transit during Partial Lunar Eclipse captured on 8.8.17 from Velukadu, Andhra Pradesh, India with 16" Telescope and mobile camera by Myself and Sri Harsha Arangi, processing was done by Harsha by amazingly pulling out the best out of the cloudy moon.
We were in a right place to capture this even which lasted only 0.6 second, we have traveled around 220 kms to and fro to capture it.
Equipment:16" GSO Dobsonian Telescope and One Plus 3 mobile camera, we captured a video using Eyepiece projection handheld and later we stabilized it in the PIPP software and segregated around 30 frames, and we stacked around 500 frames of moon separately from the same video then we aligned the frames in Photoshop one by one and sharpened it in Registax software.

Peter Ward
09-08-2017, 11:15 PM
Full marks for effort, but sadly the hardware setup doesn't look to have been ideal...as the resolution is quite a bit down from what you expect from a 16" aperture.

But the fact you caugth the transit, during an eclipse, is quite cool :thumbsup:

prabhu
09-08-2017, 11:43 PM
thanks Peter ! it was damn cloudy on that night and this transit was captured through clouds so the resolution is very less, considering the fact that we had captured it through clouds we are very happy with the result ! if it was cloudy we would have got nothing :)

astronobob
10-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Grouse Catch, Prabhakaran :thumbsup:
There is always a chance somewhere on this planet Earth to get very rare shots like this, You have done well, to Capture this one :thumbsup:
200k's, clouds threatening, I can imaging the anxiety !
Definitely a 'Keeper' for the record :cool2:

prabhu
10-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Thanks Bob ! Even if it was raining I would be going there to capture it hoping that the clouds would move away during the event.

astronobob
14-08-2017, 03:29 PM
Indeed :thumbsup:
I can relate: travelled/drove 2,000klms to Cairns, Australia for the 2012 Solar Eclipse, a weeks holiday had aswell, but come the eclipse, main reason for going, Clouded out at my location, , got Nothing, , :rofl:

Ahhh, win some - lose some ?

andyc
17-08-2017, 10:58 PM
10/10 for effort and style on this one, great shot Prabhakaran! Though it's a shame it wasn't maybe as crisp as you might've ideally hoped, it's really something to get a very unusual configuration like this. :thumbsup: