PDA

View Full Version here: : Great vendor support

OneCosmos
03-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Hi,

I thought I'd like to relate a recent experience with both Theo at Gamaelectronics and QHY in China.

Shortly after last year's Queensland Astrofest the fan on my superlative QHY 12 stopped working after about 5 years. I sent it back to Theo who managed a fix without sending it back to China - hooking up the fan to a 5v connection instead of the usual connection. This did work but I felt the fan, and thus the cooling may not be as efficient as they once were and so took the decision to ship it back to QHY in China for proper fixing and cleaning.

The camera came back and I tested the fan and that it all connected up fine but didn't get a chance to take an image with it. With the Queensland Astrofest 2017 almost upon us I did find time to test it and to my horror it wouldn't successfully image anything.

I returned to the support case and updated with the latest information and to cut a long-ish story short QHY just agreed to replace with a brand new QHY 12!

It arrived today but they didn't just send the camera they sent the full commercial purchase including new DC201, cables. As it turned out that was a good thing because I am testing the camera tonight and when my own existing DC201 the whilst the power setting increased there was no reporting of the temp changing at all. With the new DC201 and the new 9 pin cable that issue was resolved.

So, full marks to QHY for an outstanding response to a problem. They also shipped it express at their cost to ensure I wasn't without a camera for Astrofest.

alan meehan
03-08-2017, 11:21 PM
good news chris some good photos now at astrofest
AL

multiweb
04-08-2017, 07:59 AM
+1 Doesn't surprise me at all. Theo's a legend. :thumbsup:

Atmos
04-08-2017, 08:00 AM
Yep, Theo has always been a really easy person to deal with :)

Larryp
04-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Theo is always very helpful

OneCosmos
04-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Yes, Theo has always been extremely helpful, and for all I know he did wield some influence behind the scenes on my behalf, but I would also like to give credit to QHY because I suspect many camera manufacturers would not be so accommodating when confronted with a problem with a 5 year old camera.

Camelopardalis
04-08-2017, 10:58 AM
Excellent :thumbsup: good to see good service is not all lost.