PDA

View Full Version here: : Universal camera adapter problem

BC
26-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Hi there,

I just received a Vixen universal camera adapter for Christmas but I'm a little perplexed as to how it should operate. There only seems to be the tip of the EP (about 15mm) to clamp the unit onto. I imagine it would need to clamp on to a longer section to be stable because it claims to hold about 2kg. The other question relates to the camera. We have a Kodak Z7590 which has a 10 x zoom. Once the camera is switched on, the lens comes out too far to enable the camera to be attached to the base.

Any helpers? I'm guessing that 10x zoom units won't work but I wonder if I'm mounting it to the scope properly.

Thanks,
Bruce

jjjnettie
26-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Hi Bruce,
It's a shame that. I had the same problem with this sort of adapter when I put my Powershot onto it.
You might be able to fashion an extension arm to fit to the base and fix the camera to that. It would only have to be a couple of inches long.
The plossl's I use have nice long barrels so I have no problem hanging the adapter off it. It's a good idea to line the inside of the clamp with some felt so it won't scratch your EP's.

BC
28-12-2006, 07:25 AM
Thanks very much jjjnettie for your reply, we took it back to the shop yesterday after seeing your reply. The gift-giver wanted the unit to be right, not need modification to work.

There's plenty of other stuff in the catalogues

Appreciated the clarification,
Bruce