PDA

View Full Version here: : Tough Chicks :-)

Regulus
23-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Roller Derby has taken off in Tassie, and the local girls are loving it.
Went to my first 'Jam' with camera in hand and came away with 620 photos!
Apparently the leagues are growing Oz wide again, so maybe we'll see it on TV again like we did in the 70's.

Trev

DarkArts
23-07-2017, 08:59 PM
There's a league here in Canberra - it's on my to do list to go and watch a match. :thumbsup:

Nebulous
24-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Good shots Trevor. :thumbsup:

Don't let them hear you calling them "Chicks" though - they could roll right over you...:;)

And that might hurt.. :eyepop:

raymo
24-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Where are the other 612 chick pics Trevor?:)
raymo

Regulus
25-07-2017, 05:29 PM
It's weird, but the girls actually like to be called tough chicks and assorted other terms I wouldn't normal consider. I know some of them socially and I would never have guessed they'd be into this. It's like it's total fantasy, anything goes night. Something apart from reality. They told me their unofficial motto is '*****es Need Stitches' and I think that says it all :-)

Raymo! Do you know how many posts that'll be at 8 images a time? :-)

raymo
25-07-2017, 08:01 PM
3 will have to do then. Goodness, I wouldn't want to run into that wall of women.
raymo

astronobob
26-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Keool as Trevor :thumbsup:
I was a photog for them, a few yrs ago now, This female roller derby was banned in Aus back in the 70's or maybe early 80's and I dont think the 'ban' has been lifted, but it has all started back up in full-force here about 5-7 yr ago !

My mate 'poster artist' & his wifey 'Kat Da Brat' had lots to do promoting it etc, back then, !!

Definately fun nights watching them 'beef-up' to it :fight: :tasdevil: