PDA

View Full Version here: : JULY Photo Challenge - Entries (Please Post them here)

Photo Challenge
05-07-2017, 11:50 AM
The topic this month is: ... Something from the lyrics of "Sounds of Silence".

That's an old Simon & Garfunkel hit from 1964.
Google the lyrics if you need to.

Plenty of scope for interpretative genius, so let your creative side loose.

This thread is only for posting your entry along with any comments you'd like to make about your own photo.
If you would like to comment on other people's entries, or have any "other" shots of your own, then please use the Comments and Rejects Thread -> HERE (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=1320191#post132019 1).

Remember the Rules:
* one entry (just one image) per person and
* the image must be your own work.
* all other normal forum rules, and image size limits, apply.

The image doesn't necessarily have to be taken this month, but in the spirit of the challenge, we do encourage it, so you get out and get into it and enjoy the challenge.

The winner of the public vote, which will be run at the end of the month, will get to choose next month's topic and have their photo added to our "Photo Challenge Hall of Fame" thread.

Good Luck!

AstroJunk
06-07-2017, 11:53 PM
Astute IIS'ers will notice that it isn't in fact 'I', but she who must be obeyed out trying to save some young plants in a downpour (although, in my defence, the hat and coat are mine - does that count?!)

sheeny
08-07-2017, 09:09 AM
I really want to do something with cobblestones but there's a dirth of cobblestones within at least 200kms so this is my entry for now...

:)

Al.

Regulus
08-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Hello, my old friend.
:rofl:

Nebulous
08-07-2017, 09:51 PM
"Hello Darkness My Old Friend”

For the first time in quite a while the heavens cooperated, for just long enough, and provided a nice view of the Southern Cross.

High ISO but only a 1 second exposure so it was possible to get some stars showing and the stunning young model staying still enough all in a single shot. No tricks, stacking or combining of shots required.

zenith
09-07-2017, 05:11 PM
I am pretty sure I was the only middle aged man in Australia driving around Saturday night looking for Churches :eyepop:

speach
10-07-2017, 09:02 AM
"I turned my collar to the cold and damp"

Retrograde
10-07-2017, 11:12 AM
Which sounds like a perfect description of Sydney's Vivid Festival :D

Allan_L
11-07-2017, 12:35 AM
Searching for a warning sign with a westerly background to capture some colour...

additionally, its "neath the halo of a street lamp"

hope you like it...

Suzy
14-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Aiming for eerie and dark......
I've managed nearly two verses worth in this one pic so I hope the story conveys to you; it did for me anyhow.
For "cobblestones" I used pavers, for "streetlamp" I've used Full Moon and the "damp" was dew. (Sheeny said it was fine to substitute).
July 12th-2017 @ 4:30am.

And no, I don't normally do this stuff in the dark with heels on :P but for the sake of trying to be poised, I risked tripping over a zillion things around me including a low brick walled garden bed in the dark :rolleyes:, running to and from camera and trying to stay very still & compose my shot; I felt like I'd run a marathon by the end :lol:.

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I walk alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a streetlamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp