PDA

View Full Version here: : JUNE Photo Challenge - Entries (Please Post them here)

Photo Challenge
05-06-2017, 08:38 AM
The topic this month is: a "Pier or Jetty"

This thread is only for posting your entry along with any comments you'd like to make about your own photo.
If you would like to comment on other entries, or have any "other" shots, then please use the Comments and Rejects Thread -> HERE (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=157555).

Remember, one entry (one image) per person and the image must be your own work.
Normal forum rules and image size applies.

The image doesn't necessarily have to be taken this month, but we do encourage it, so you get out and get into it and enjoy the challenge.

The winner of the public vote, which will be run at the end of the month, will get to choose next month's topic and have their photo added to our "Photo Challenge Hall of Fame" thread.

Stay WARM!
Good Shooting!

zenith
12-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Saturday night I turned up to where I remembered an old jetty was located, but it was only an old fence! A quick change of plans and I managed to get to the next town with only minutes to spare before the Sun set.

jenchris
15-06-2017, 05:27 PM
Different sort of Jetty.
Anderton lift on the Weaver
Drops canal boats from the canal to the River Weaver

Nebulous
18-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Private Jetty

A darter sitting on a private jetty close to my father-in-law's house at Murray Bend, Ravenswood in WA.

It was taken at dusk with the last light still showing on the water. For me, it has a pleasingly calm and reflective feel to it.

(EDIT: Despite the way it looks, the photo hasn't been turned into a "black and white" picture That's just the way the light was at the time).

sheeny
18-06-2017, 02:02 PM
An oldie from the archives since I'm nowhere close to a jetty or pier ATM.

This jetty at Wooli is sadly in need of a little TLC.

Al.

Allan_L
18-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Under the Boardwalk