PDA

View Full Version here: : New to IceInSpace, not New to Observing

DeepSkyBagger
18-05-2017, 11:41 AM
Hello All,

My name is Patrick and I'm in Lancashire in north west England. I am a purely visual deep-sky observer. I observe with a 12" Newtonian reflector on a Dobsonian mount.

I've been a deep-sky observer for over 40 years, and would like to chat with some southern hemisphere deep-sky observers.

Looking forward to it...

ZeroID
18-05-2017, 12:50 PM
Hi Patrick, :welcome: to deep down under.
Plenty of chat and help down this way so come on in.

Nebulous
18-05-2017, 02:13 PM
Hi Patrick,

Welcome. Good to hear from an enthusiast on the other side of the world.

There seems to be a big range of experience on this site - from seasoned experts with great equipment and a wealth of experience though to verbose old newbies like me with modest gear and only the very slenderest amount of viewing hours to inform my astro-waffling.

I've only been a member here for a few weeks but I can recommend the friendly and helpful atmosphere.

Cheers,

Chris

astroron
18-05-2017, 06:50 PM
:hi: Patrick
and :welcome:
I am originally from Liverpool and now living in Queensland Australia.
I am on a dark site and use a 16" dob and am also a visual observer only.
The sky quality here is ten times better than anything I experienced in my last visit anywhere in the UK I visited.
I look forward to your posts in the future.
Cheers:thumbsup:

gaseous
18-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Welcome Patrick, looking forward to hearing about some of the northern hemisphere delights!

DeepSkyBagger
18-05-2017, 10:42 PM
So you're the one who's living my dream! I knew somebody had to be.

Thank you all for your welcomes. I've been lurking for a year or so. Time to get stuck in. :thanx:

coltpeacemaker
20-05-2017, 06:11 PM
Hi Patrick nice to meet you! Like you im new here, but have been looking at the stars for 30+ years...

Nathan:welcome: