PDA

View Full Version here: : Orion deluxe barlows...

JethroB76
05-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi all,
I am currently in the market for a barlow and am considering the Orion deluxe range.
Has anyone had any experience with the 1.25" version?

The 2" seems to be well rated by those who have used it but I haven't been able to find any information regarding its smaller brother:shrug:
I intend to use it mostly with Stratuses, so I'm not sure that the small 2" stepping on these eyepieces would be all that secure in a 2" barlow...

Thoughts appreciated...

Jeff

janoskiss
05-12-2006, 02:32 PM
The Stratuses are secure okay in the 2". NP. There is no compression ring, which would cause problems. These barlows are a bit hard to come buy. Everyone is pushing the Orion shorty plus instead. :P The only place I know you can get the 1.25" Deluxe is from Sirius Optics QLD. Although you might have to nag them for it. :rolleyes: I rang them back in Sept wanting to buy one. They were ringing me back in two weeks after getting some in. :whistle:

JethroB76
05-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Thats good to hear about the 2" fitting.
You haven't seen or read anything about the performance of the 1.25" have you?

janoskiss
05-12-2006, 05:09 PM
nope. fwiw, the 1.25" is FMC as opposed to the 2" which is MC, and they should also have the internal baffling (if one can trust the product description) so they should be as good if not better.