PDA

View Full Version here: : Powering fan for GSO RC12

Spookyer
25-02-2017, 07:49 AM
Hi there, my GSO RC12 came with a plug and an 8 x AA battery holder to power the fans. I am looking at plugging it into my 12v power instead (using anderson plugs) Has anyone come across a lead I could buy with the little round plug on one end that goes into the socket on the scope and the anderson plug on the other end? I don't have the tools or skills to make them myself.

Brett

JA
25-02-2017, 08:43 AM
Hello Brett,

Not sure which round plug, there are a few :), but nonetheless, I would try Jaycar Electronics in your area. I'm sure they'd have the parts. Maybe if you're lucky even the complete cable. Or alternatively, buy the parts from Jaycar and phone/find-a-friend or go to an electronics tech or any electronics/hifi repair tech for construction. If you were in Melbourne, no problem.

Best
JA

RickS
26-02-2017, 02:30 PM
G'day Brett,

I have a crimping tool and make my own Anderson Powerpole cables. I'm happy to make a cable up for you but I can't do it for a couple of weeks.

I'll drop you an email...

Cheers,
Rick.

Paul Haese
21-03-2017, 07:25 PM
Hi Brett,

I used a cable from my mount hub pro to the fans. The MHP powers it fine and I run the fans all night on each imaging run. Mind you I have killed two of the fans from the moist air on site. 3 years use with about 600 hours each year is not bad though.