take a look here.
http://www.meade.com/dsipro/index.html

David

Striker
06-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks david......I am adding this to my "What to buy list".....lol

westsky
06-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Tony looking at the specs it will be a more sensitive camera, but Mono only so more work to get colour images and the Drizzle thing will only work with Meade Autostar powered scopes ( you sold your's, remember ) so I'll stick with the "old" DSI.

David.

Rohan
07-04-2005, 08:40 AM
yea another choice. exactly what i need. think i'd still go with the eos 350D thou so i can use it for terristial snapping.

Exfso
07-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Starting to get expensive at $500usd. reckon I would sooner save extra dollars and go with SBIG. Yeah and they are expensive, but proven. Just my 2c worth.

:)

westsky
07-04-2005, 04:49 PM
I think Meade's idea was excellent to produce a cheap CCD colour camera so people could get a taste of what it's like to image with CCD.
Think of it this way would I have bought a Sbig or similar, no , why, they are expensive, proven yes but still expensive,I would have to think hard about spending my money on a product that I knew little about or how to use it. at least this way I can get a start in CCD for little cost learn the ropes and then when I improve my skills then talk the wife into letting me buy an Sbig :-))
The fact that it is possible to get a decent image from the Meade camera is a bonus.

David.