PDA

View Full Version here: : Guiding problem... :(

platt.michae18
19-12-2016, 04:02 PM
So I was out last night and it ended with frustration because it was a clear night with no moon till late.

So from the image you can see that I have calibrated and guiding is showing that the RA is jsut dropping off. I always calibrate before doing polar alignment with drift align on a star near meridian and equator.

Then after that guiding normally works and it did a few nights ago. I haven't done anything different to the previous nights.

Any help would be great. Thanks
Michael

traveller
20-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Hard to tell from the screenshot, maybe rotate it so we can see the full picture?
It looks like there were quite a few "steps" in both the RA and DEC axis, so you could try to back off the worm adjustment to allow for very slight "wobble" on both axis, see this http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/513674-atlas-eq6-dec-backlash-adjustment-will-this-work/
The sudden drop off of the RA could be a comms error between the motor and the mother board of the mount (did the whirling sound continue or drop off when this happened?).
Anyway, re-check the connections to make sure the mount motors are responding to commands from the computer/controller.
Then back off the worm tension to allow for some wobble and see how you go.
Bo