PDA

View Full Version here: : Saving Site info with Gemini 2

pmrid
25-11-2016, 10:32 AM
A Gemini 2 puzzle. I can't get the ASCOM Gemini Telescope driver to read and retain the site paramaters I have set.

I have them set in the HC and they remain there happily.

But I drive the scope from my PC and connect using ethernet and the ASCOM Gemini Telescope driver.

Also, I use MAxim to run the whole shebang.

Here's what happens. I use the web interface to set the site/location as per Tom Hilton's instructions.

I save to SD.
I turn the Gemini off and on again and then connect to the scope via Maxim.
It connects OK.
But it won't slew to any of the sites I want.

The reason is that when I open up the Maxim Setup for the Gemini/scope, it shows the name of my site but none of the site parameters (Lat, Long etc) and it shows zero values for all those variables. It doesn't know where the hell it is. So I have to re-enter these parameters every time I fire it up and after a while, that gives you the willies.

So far I have installed a new battery (the old one was showing 3.04 volts - not too bad but now it is showing 3.3). I've installed the more recent Gemini driver (1.0.62.0).

But these things have not made any difference.

I'm about to bite the bullet and update the firmware (mine hasn't been updated since 2014).

Before I do I thought I might see if anyone else had a similar problem.

Peter

`

spiezzy
25-11-2016, 11:25 AM
hi Pete
I would give Don or Michael a call at Bintel Sydney they are pretty switched on with Losmandy Gem 2 .
I my self have never used these perimeters on my Gem 2 but would be interesting to know .
cheers Pete :thumbsup:

pmrid
25-11-2016, 02:37 PM
Well, I've just flashed the firmware up to Version 5.21 and done all the usual stuff associated with that process. All went well - so now we wait for some clear sky. Because it's a new moon in a few days, that probably won't happen of course. :shrug:

If that doesn't fix it, I'll take that advice and give Don a call. I bought it from Bintel so I expect they'll be happy enough to help.

EDIT: Well that didn't fix anything. Damn.

Peter