PDA

View Full Version here: : SKY Safari 5 WIFI..

dbowie
21-11-2016, 08:00 PM
Having a break from my QHY camera dilemma... I was jus about to pull the trigger on the Skyfi III adapter at about $320 AUD shipped then I saw the thread on Cloudy Nights regards Usconverters Serial WiFi Adapter - RS232 at about $110 shipped which connects to Sky safari 5 pro and runs no problems and it got me thinking, I have a couple of Airport WiFi 802.11 base stations I don't use one a later Extreme so why not connect to my Heq5 pro thru that? Id imagine that it would connect into the Synscan Hand Controller with RS 232 cable to RS 232 input on Base station establishing a WiFi connection to my Macbook Pro or iPad or iPhone using Skysafari5, I should also be able to power the base station by battery with a 12v 1.8amp adapter, any thoughts or advice...DBowie

I just found this quote on SkyFi II page:
The Vixen StarBook controller uses an ethernet interface, which is also physically incompatible with SkyFi III. However, you can use an Apple AirPort Express (or other wireless router) to control the StarBook from our SkySafari iPhone app. This document from Vixen explains how. You also need to configure SkySafari to communicate with the StarBook controller at 169.254.1.1 on port 80.

glend
21-11-2016, 09:45 PM
Have a look at the Astro Devices Nexus Wifi adaptor. Made in Sydney. Great product. I use it to connect my NEQ6 Pro mount to Sky Safari Pro, no dramas, it works. A simple RJ connector plugs into the Syncscan handset at the bottom. Just give Serge a ring at Astro Devices.

AG Hybrid
22-11-2016, 03:06 PM
Same with me. Works with my old eq5 pro like a champ. Cheap as chips too.
One touch goto with Sky Safari Pro 4 - sick tech.

dbowie
22-11-2016, 04:27 PM
Yes well built unit thank for that I wanted to buy Aussie searched but nothin came up, looks like the go for control with SSF....DBowie...

dbowie
24-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Im finding out just how diverse and either easy or complicated this can be....

Where Im at for those interested...
Astro Devices Nexus-S WiFi to serial model $152 delivered, thnx Serge..
Ipad2 mini ios10 $359
Skysafari5 Pro iOS version $80 SimCur
thats mount control sorted

At W7 SP1 genuine copy net frame 4.0 boot camp,blah blah blah...
looking at old posts should all work with both QHY cameras provided I hold my mouth the right way while feeding windows its fussy diet of drivers and software in the right order and then carefully place them in the right place for it a few times.:question:

RasberryPi3 indi etc and iAstrohub seems like an interesting path to take for camera control, guiding and mount etc, but my brain hurts and Im keen to get all my gear sorted and have a few looks while the skys are friendly, Dbowie...

This PDF might be of interest to some...

http://www.cloudynights.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=781231

dbowie
24-11-2016, 02:15 PM
And Ive sent the obligatory 2 page essay to QHYCCD regarding my dismay at the lack of supportive drivers for their cameras in OSX, Ive not yet received a reply so Im sure they have filed it with all the many others....