PDA

View Full Version here: : Manufacturing an adapter in Oz?

DaveO
19-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Hi all

I have a ProStar LP-GUIDE imager that I'd like to connect to a 0.5 Reducer (which will all work very nicely in a PST). Unfortunately while the reducer has a standard C-Mount thread, the LP-GUIDE has an odd thread - it is apparently M30.5 × 0.75. I also need the adapter as thin as possible.

I obviously need an adapter, and PreciseParts can build one for $US89 + shipping (although I need to confirm they can cope with the odd thread). Attached is an image from PreciseParts showing the sort of thing I need.

Is there anybody here in OZ (preferably Brisbane) who you'd recommend? It has to be cheaper than a US cost plus shipping, especially with exchange rates as they are now.

Thanks in advance...

Regards
David

RickS
20-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Hi David,

IIRC, David Moriarty used a machinist in Capalaba to make up some adapters and was happy with the price and the results.

Cheers,
Rick.

DaveO
20-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Thanks Rick. I also had a message from LJ who suggested talking to the ATM folks (Bob & Laurie). I should have thought of them first. Currently discussing, but the guys in Capalaba sound like a good fall-back.

peter_4059
20-11-2016, 05:27 PM
Dave,

I can make one for you if you get the aluminium bar stock. It would need to be at least the size of the larger thread and long enough to grip on the chuck plus the length of the adaptor. I normally go to action aluminium for the bar stock.

Peter

DaveO
20-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the offer Peter. As Laurie has already offered his assistance, I will see how he goes first. But thanks for the offer - I appreciate it.