PDA

View Full Version here: : NSW Central Coast Morning Tea - Sunday the 6th Nov

glend
01-11-2016, 09:35 AM
It has been a while since the last Central Coast Morning Tea get together. Given that we have at least a couple of new locals on IIS, i am suggesting we get together once again on Sunday the 6th of November, at Westfield Tuggerah. Let's say 10am, and meet at the food court tables near Muffin Break ( same as previous meetings).:welcome:

Hopefully everyone can make it. It would be nice to see Rick and Lynn again if they can come along.
Post up here if you can make it. I will be there (unless my daughter has her baby the day before haha).

Glen

sharptrack2
01-11-2016, 07:47 PM
As long as nothing pops up, I'm in.

Allan
01-11-2016, 10:21 PM
That might work out for me. I will have been going for almost a day flying back from Dallas, but I'll be passing by around that time on my way home to Newcastle. I'll see how I feel, but it's a good plan.

nobby2
03-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Thanks Glen
Planning on being there.

glend
04-11-2016, 09:16 AM
Just bumping this up before the Central Coast Morning Tea on this Sunday (the 6th of November) at 10am at Westfield Tuggerah (see details in the original post below).

For IIS users in the area, meet the other 'locals', discuss dark site trips, equipment, imaging, etc whatever you want - no agendas.

Confirmed so far are: glend, Sharptrack2, Nobby2, and Allan. You don't need to confirm here, just show up on the day if you wish. :thumbsup:

glend
06-11-2016, 07:21 AM
Bumping this again - it's this morning folks. Westfield Tuggerah 10am Food Court. Hope you can make it.
Glen

sharptrack2
06-11-2016, 12:26 PM
Good catch-up this morning, great to see Neil and Glen. Varied conversation as usual. :)

Thanks for the article on focal ratios and apertures Glen, very interesting read. Will have some fun at challenging some of the statements... well maybe not challenge... just see first hand what the relationships are. I too am surprised by the light lost in a Newtonian. It gives new appreciation for the quality of the mirrors in the larger professional telescopes.

Hope to see everyone again nearer the new moon, maybe a trip to the Pony Club.

Allan
06-11-2016, 03:13 PM
Sorry I didn't get there. I had to divert into Brisbane this morning and didn't get home until after lunch. Hopefully I can make the next one.

Inmykombi
07-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Sorry I missed this morning tea as I was on my way back from Tassie with my Wife...

NoTan2
07-11-2016, 08:06 PM
Would have enjoyed meeting the locals but I had a prior engagement. Normally I'm free most Sundays.