PDA

View Full Version here: : Astroart 6 and HEQ5 mount

Graham Horsnell
07-10-2016, 11:24 AM
Hi,
I am operating an old SPDX vixen mount that has been upgraded with Skywatcher/Synscan Goto. The mount works very well with my 150mm Intes Mk 65 MAK. Astroart 6 thinks it is controlling an HEQ5/6 mount and this has proved a great success for both telescope control and image processing.

There is, however, some odd behavior when I use the "move" buttons under telescope control. With speed set to "3-guide" or "4-slew" when I press the move "Direction Right" button the mount reverses its direction. (If I pretend I am In the northern hemisphere and relocate my observatory, there is no such reversal)

Can anyone with a similar setup verify or check this behavior?

Merlin66
07-10-2016, 11:34 AM
I use AstroArt 6 with EQMod and my NEQ6 mount.
I can't say I've noticed a similar problem but I'll try to check it out for you.
Ken

Graham Horsnell
07-10-2016, 01:52 PM
Many thanks Ken. I hoped you might respond, your enthusiasm for AA6 has been noted. I likewise think it is a great program. Cheers, Graham.

Merlin66
07-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Graham,
Just to be clear...
What connection are you using for the mount? ASCOM?
What guide connection? ST4?
Let me know, may make things easier......

Graham Horsnell
07-10-2016, 06:31 PM
Hi Ken,

I am using ST4 as the guide connection. the camera is SBIG ST8xme and has internal relays.
I am running the latest version of ASCOM (V6.2). EQMOD is V1.28. The SW/Synscan controller firmware was updated to the latest version and gave the same behavior. (it is V2.04 from memory).
In AA6 plate solving and GOTO are working normally as far as I can tell. Hardware connection to the mount is via EQDIRECT cable.
The problem seems to be confined to when I try to use the "MOVE" buttons under "Telescope control" in AA6. All the EQMOD functions are behaving normally, including "keypad" and "Xbox gamepad" contro.l
Please let me know if you require any further info and again thanks for your assistance.

Graham

Merlin66
08-10-2016, 07:14 AM
Graham,
Bear with me....
The weather has been absolutely terrible with no chance of playing out in the observatory.
We have >100Km winds forecast for this weekend....
I'll get to it as soon as I can.
Ken

Graham Horsnell
08-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Weather not much better here in Sydney, this has to have been the worst winter observing period I can remember. My other bad habit is gliding, the airfield at our Bathurst club has been so wet as to be unusable.....
Tks

Merlin66
13-10-2016, 02:45 PM
Graham,
PM sent.
Ken