PDA

View Full Version here: : camera adapter advice needed

crystal_stars
13-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Hi everyone.

I have some christmas shopping to do that I need some help with. Since I got my telescope a little while back, my family (especially my dad) has also developed an interest in astronomy. So much so that he now has his own telescope, a saxon 70mm refractor, and seems to get more observing done than me. Anyway he now would like to connect a camera to take some pictures of the moon. He has a canon digital s2is compact, and I was wondering if it is possible to get an adapter to connect this to the telescope, if so then I would get it for him for christmas. I've tried seaching the net but haven't come up with anything too helpful yet, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Harb
13-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Try Bintel etc....
They make various adaptors and brackets.
They will almost certainly make something to adapt your camera and scope together.

cheers
John

Harb
13-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Actually, here is a picture of the mount I keep in my tool kit, so bystanders can get pictures through my scope if anyone wants to.
It came from bintel and is ideal for afocal ( camera lens pushed against the eyepiece ) type astrophotography....
$90.00AU

Comes with 2 different clamps, for 2" and 1.25" eye pieces.
Camera mounts to the base of the mount just like a tripod using the 1/4" mounting screw thread.

cheers