PDA

View Full Version here: : PHD2 / guiding setup

thegableguy
18-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Got myself a guide camera at last (QHY 5L-II mono) and am keen to get cracking with it on the NEQ6.

I've downloaded & installed the camera drivers; all works fine. I've also installed PHD2 and I'm having trouble getting it going. It asks for the camera, scope & guidescope details; no problems there. Then it asks for the mount details and suggests using ASCOM "for most modern mounts", which I'm pretty sure includes the NEQ6. However, ASCOM isn't listed; there's a bunch of GPINT options, GPUSB, On-camera, On-AO, or None.

Do I need to download the ASCOM drivers separately or something? Or is this not actually necessary for the setup I'm planning, which is guide camera into laptop via USB, guide camera into mount via ST4?

Any guidance appreciated.

[Pun totally intended.]

spiezzy
18-09-2016, 06:33 PM
hi there Chris try "on camera" setting I use GSUSB but I think back when I have a Neq6 it worked
cheers Pete

peter_4059
18-09-2016, 07:07 PM
Chris. The setting you are referring to is about how your computer will communicate with the mount. Are you using the st4 autoguide port on the neq6 or are you planning to use eqmod pulseguiding?

thegableguy
18-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Errr... I don't know. I'm plugging the guide camera into the mount with the ST4 and into the laptop with USB. I believe that's the simplest possible setup. So On-camera is what I'm after? No extra drivers to download?

thegableguy
18-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Beauty, thanks, will try that - if these clouds ever bugger off...

peter_4059
18-09-2016, 09:16 PM
If you are connecting a phone type cable from the camera to the st4 autoguide port on the mount then on camera is the right choice.