PDA

View Full Version here: : Pipe and Drum

Regulus
14-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Went down to Latrobe (Tas) to photograph the Chocolate Festival and ended up entertaining for 3 hours.
I initially walked down the street with camera in hand intent on my purpose, when I realised there was no music. Anywhere! So, back to the car, trade camera for guitar, and set up on the side walk. It was great! Crowds gathered and people smiled and took photographs.
In fact, when people saw me walking with my guitar case, they applauded. They were obviously missing some musical entertainment too.
Cannot understand how Latrobe Council overlooked such an important thing as music for a 'festival'
Had fun. Got new callouses to prove it.
On the way back to the car all tired and happy I espied the City of Launceston RSL Pipe and Drum Band rehearsing in a small grassed area (and I presume getting ready for a march later in the afternoon).
So, since I initially went to take photos, I whipped out the camera and got in everyone's way :-)
NB the tartan is McPherson. Why? Because the band got it in a sale. It used to be the State of Victorian Police Band's costume as I understand the story :-)
(Why the Vic Police used McPherson tartan remains a mystery to me)

Trev