PDA

View Full Version here: : William Optics FLT 110 info required

Emmanuel
13-08-2016, 11:28 PM
Hi all

Im looking at a William Optics FLT 110 second hand that's come my way as a option to me for purchase. Haw ever i need advice on this poticuler instrument that someone knows it well enough for its advantages and disadvantages for what it is. Information on this will be much appreciated thank you regards
Emmanuel.

el_draco
14-08-2016, 07:03 AM
I've had several W.O. refractors and they have all bee exceptional. The build is beautiful. Mine have had feather touch focusers so I cant vouch for the stock focuser. The optics were excellent. Generally rated as one of the better refractors on the market. They are quite heavy so you will need a decent mount. Had mine on a G11.

casstony
14-08-2016, 09:50 AM
Welcome to IIS Emmanuel, have you been into astronomy for a while or just getting into the hobby?
There were some FLT110's and FLT132's released with poor optics around 2008/09 so it's best to get a look through the scope or get some assurance from the seller.
The more recent rack and pinion focusers are very good but earlier crayfords often needed replacing because they slipped or the drawtube wobbled.

Emmanuel
14-08-2016, 08:02 PM
Thank you and yes i am new to iis and i just got back in to the hobby after a good 15 years
So im just rebuilding my self back in to it again
As for the WO go's im not shore Its vintage i will ask.

issdaol
14-08-2016, 08:16 PM
I also know a couple of FLT110 and FLT132 owners who also had problems with the optics.

They were new units and WO were very good about replacing them under warranty at the time.

However a second hand unit will not have warranty so check the unit very carefully as it could be an expensive exercise to fix !!

batema
14-08-2016, 08:48 PM
I have one and bought it brand new. It would be 7 or 8 years old. Still use the standard focusser with SBIG 8300 with self guiding filter wheel and it holds it no problems. Beautiful scope and I probably will never part with it.

opticjunkie
01-09-2016, 05:26 PM
I have a FLT 110 and it is exceptional in every respect. The optics are flawless in performance and I use it with the field flattener for imagery. Mechanically you will also not have any issues with the WO gear, they are made beautifully. The scope is a tad heavy being built so well, so a solid mount is recommended
If you get the FLT 110..enjoy it..its a beauty and a keeper.