PDA

View Full Version here: : Four more from Astrofest

allan gould
12-08-2016, 06:49 PM
Managed to process some more landscapes.
The first is of interest as the curly light on the left is actually a meteor, while in the last two the Magellanic clouds are shown. The third shows reflection in some water nearby.
All are 30sec single Jpegs (30 sec at 6400ISO with 7.5mm Samyang fisheye using Olympus EM5 with camera in noise processing) processed in PS.

multiweb
12-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Nice collection Allan. :thumbsup: That's the money shot with the meteorite.

TraKtorman
12-08-2016, 08:23 PM
They are great shots. I really like the second one!

allan gould
12-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Marc and Peter
Thanks for the comments. Really have to thank Geof Biggs for his patience in helping me set up etc. was my first attempt and tried a lot of different things that only a few worked out, but that's the learning game.
Will have a far better idea of what to do next and will try olympus's live composite etc next time.
Allan

ozstronomer
13-08-2016, 08:04 PM
Had a great time doing these wide fields Allan, really like the curved meteor one.

Nice work :thumbsup:

Cheers Geoff

jjjnettie
13-08-2016, 08:23 PM
It's nice to escape the hustle and bustle of the imaging field and capture some serenity up the road. :)
Beautiful images Allan.

RickS
14-08-2016, 10:12 AM
Nice shots, Allan. The curly meteor is very cool.

Also the opportunity to chat with the colourful locals as Geoff discovered :lol:

Camelopardalis
14-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Who doesn't love a good nightscope! Well done Allan :thumbsup:

allan gould
14-08-2016, 03:01 PM
Rick, Geoff, Nettie and Dunk
Thanks for the comments - really enjoyed the serenity of just a camera and tripod to take some images instead of watching the PhDguiding curve slowly drift off, or the SGPro not changing a filter or doing a meridian flip when its meant to. The latter is why I have a defibrillator, smelling salts and prozac in the Escargo. And Geoff nearby so he can tell me what Im doing wrong.
Still laugh when I remember Geoff and I on a causeway trying to get some water reflections of stars, when a local likely lad in a 4WD came barrelling down on us. Pick up camera and tripod and try to beat Geoff to safety on the other side. Must have wondered what these wackos in freezer suits were doing late at night in the dark.

ozstronomer
14-08-2016, 08:49 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Geoff

Derek Klepp
23-08-2016, 04:38 PM
Nice pics Allan my favourite is the last one with the dead tree.Seems like a very portable setup.

batema
23-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Beautiful Alan. Am going for the whole time next year.