PDA

View Full Version here: : JULY Photo Challenge - Entries (Post them here)

Photo Challenge
05-07-2016, 08:46 AM
The topic this month is: "Up close and personal" - a close up of a person or animal or part thereof.
(Keep in mind we are family friendly viewing all the time, so not TOO personal).

This thread is only for posting your entry and any comments you'd like to make about your own photo.
If you would like to comment on other entries please use the comments thread.
As usual, one entry per person and the image must be your own work.
Normal forum rules and image size applies.

The image doesn't necessarily have to have been taken this month but we do encourage you to go out and enjoy the challenge.
The winner of the poll, which will be run at the end of the month, will get to choose next month's topic and have their
photo posted in our "Photo Challenge Hall of Fame" thread.

Good luck and good shooting.

pluto
05-07-2016, 11:08 AM
My British Shorthair has the most amazing eyes, in the right light they remind me of the Sun in Ha :D

Ric
05-07-2016, 12:41 PM
Winter sunlight spontaneously generates cats. :)

Cheers

Allan_L
11-07-2016, 01:53 PM
Was able to get "Up Close and Personal" with this beautiful pelican yesterday at a Bonnels Bay boat ramp (on Lake Macquarie) probably because it was hoping for a feed from the fishing boat that had just landed nearby.

Its amazing how much more tolerant creatures are of us humans when they think there might be a meal in it for them.

UniPol
12-07-2016, 12:14 PM
My very relaxed ginger cat named "Ray Ray" who enjoys sitting on top of the lounge at every opportunity.

JB80
13-07-2016, 06:24 PM
This guy has quite a reptilian look to it up close.

omegacrux
13-07-2016, 08:06 PM
A pelican in Port Stephen's

pmrid
16-07-2016, 02:22 PM
This is a Masked Lapwing (also called Masked Plover and Spur-winged Plover). They nest in open grass areas and when they've laid their clutch of green spangled eggs, become strongly protective and aggressive.

Here is a nesting bird that has chosen to set up house in the middle of a path our cattle take to get to and from water. And it is showing both it's Lone Ranger mask for which it is named and also it's quite nasty-looking wing spurs which are the basis of its reputation and it's alternate name. It could do a nasty Zorro number on you if it could.

Peter

astronobob
17-07-2016, 09:31 PM
'Awaken'

Our 3 month old grandson

BilliGoatsGruff
19-07-2016, 03:53 PM
It doesn't get much more personal than this!

sheeny
22-07-2016, 07:13 PM
Not in trouble... just chillin' and watchin'.

Al.

firstlight
29-07-2016, 08:22 AM
Nothing much more "Up Close and Personal" than old time dancing in a country hall. Took this last weekend at Kerry Dance, south of Beaudesert.

Regulus
29-07-2016, 11:54 AM
This is up-close, and the tending of a pupa could be considered personal.

zenith
31-07-2016, 04:07 PM
Getting 'up close and personal' with nature today. My daughter and I at a tree planting day in the local park, all up about 100 people and 1500 plants.